Covid-19 Spain

Old May 22, 20, 12:06 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
And I wonder why the OP is connecting in MAD, which has NO intercontinental flights as of today, and not, say, through LHR, which has many more flights to the US, and where you can connect through terminals without going landside?
Old May 22, 20, 6:14 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Actually DFW-MAD has been running for almost a week now. Inbound to the US are allowed US citizens and permanent residents returning, and inbound to Spain EU citizens and residents (+ doctors, military and diplomatic staff). AA is the only US airline flying to Spain at this point.
Old May 22, 20, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Hmm. Thanks, MfromL. I missed that. So, if I want to go to Fort Worth, I just...
Old May 22, 20, 11:17 am

So you have a blue passport, damn you! I have been postponing an important flight to the US since April and I do not have any idea of when it will happen. Had they only allowed in also students visas this wouldn't be an issue for me.
Old Yesterday, 12:20 am

Yeah, blue passport but I'll stick with Madrid, thanks. Best of luck with your travel plans! (Seriously)
Old Yesterday, 7:37 am

Oh, I get you. It is just a work visit to MSP that will be put on hold until the end of summer, probably. I also prefer Madrid. (And tomorrow we will have terrazas open again!)
Old Yesterday, 9:46 am

Well, the president spoke today and said that starting in July Spain would open to international tourism again.
Old Yesterday, 5:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
Originally Posted by MfromL View Post
Well, the president spoke today and said that starting in July Spain would open to international tourism again.
Yes, this was a positive message that Spain needed to send out to the international audience.

Anyone living in a "safe" country can now start booking trips to Spain for July and lock in some nice discounts on hotels (with free cancellation in case events change).

This will be a one-in-a-lifetime opportunity to enjoy some of Spain's best loved attractions without the typical holiday crowds! I plan to visit Galicia and Asturias as soon as these underrated regions open to domestic tourists in late June according to the plans.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: