Gibraltar Trip

Old Jan 21, 20, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Gibraltar Trip

I am planning on doing my first trip to Gibraltar this year and was wondering what hotel do fellow frequent flyers recommend. I was going to just do a day trip but the flight times donít work in my favour.
Old Jan 21, 20, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold
Let’s hope the aircraft lands at GIB lots of decent info and shenanigans from last year’s “Do”

Another BAFT mini-do. Gibraltar, Saturday 23 March 2019
Old Jan 21, 20, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Sirius Gold, Hertz PC, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
I am planning on doing my first trip to Gibraltar this year and was wondering what hotel do fellow frequent flyers recommend. I was going to just do a day trip but the flight times donít work in my favour.
Would go to the HIX - easily walkable from the airport
Old Jan 21, 20, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Gold
The Rock hotel is nice, but it's a little bit out of the way, the HIX is also good and in a better location.
Old Jan 22, 20, 6:46 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Though not as nice, you have more options in La Linea if you're looking to save €€/££.
Old Jan 22, 20, 8:41 am

I had an exceptional 3 night stay at The Rock last September. Excellent facilities, restaurant, pool, lounge, staff. Easy to get a taxi from the airport and on return. Walkable to Gibraltar cable car, downtown, botanic gardens if you have time for sightseeing In fact, all of Gib is pretty close - it would be possible to walk from the airport to the hotel. Not suggesting that, but it would be doable in a pinch.
Old Jan 22, 20, 10:01 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
As others said, The Rock if you want a bit more luxury, the HIX if you want something basic but new, cross to Spain if you really need to save money.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: