Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

12 passenger van rental one way Lisbon-porto

Old Oct 29, 19, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL

I am having the hardest time finding a 12 passenger van I can rent. Hoping to rent one in downtown Lisbon and return it to the Porto airport. If not does anyone have a charter group for 12 people that would do the drive one way they recommend and how much that may cost?

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 19, 9:23 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Most majors (e.g. Avis, Hertz) have that option. You may need to call them up. Occasionally, these show up on https://driiveme.pt/ (Lisboa to Porto) but this is a last-minute thing and not guaranteed.
Old Oct 30, 19, 9:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Have you looked for LIS airport using major international car rental companies?
Old Oct 30, 19, 2:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by remphish1 View Post
I am having the hardest time finding a 12 passenger van I can rent.
Just a general reminder that a driving license for cars won't be enough to drive one of those. Class B driving licenses (cars) are limited to vehicles with 9 occupants (8 passengers + driver). A 12-passenger van will normally require a class D1 (possibly a class D) driving license (i.e. bus driving license).
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Have you looked for LIS airport using major international car rental companies?
Yes I have compared all the majors and so far 9 passenger van is what I have found
Old Oct 31, 19, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WorldLux View Post
Just a general reminder that a driving license for cars won't be enough to drive one of those. Class B driving licenses (cars) are limited to vehicles with 9 occupants (8 passengers + driver). A 12-passenger van will normally require a class D1 (possibly a class D) driving license (i.e. bus driving license).
Thanks thatís a very good thing to know! Do you have a recommendation for a small charter group van service by any chance?
Old Oct 31, 19, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by WorldLux View Post
Interesting. In Australia a normal car license is good for vehicles with up to 12 people on board... (I suspect because so many unremarkably sized vehicles are built to that capacity as "standard")

Search this Thread
Search Engine: