Wiki Posts
Search

Spain in October

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
Spain in October

We will be in Spain (Seville, Madrid, Barcelona) this October, for 2 weeks. What are the events and happenings in these cities in October that we can attend and watch.?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by boybi
We will be in Spain (Seville, Madrid, Barcelona) this October, for 2 weeks. What are the events and happenings in these cities in October that we can attend and watch.?
Also interested! Anybody know of any cool and unique things happening in MAD/BCN?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Personally, I’d try and be in Valencia for the fireworks at approx 11pm/midnight on the 8th October.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
Personally, I’d try and be in Valencia for the fireworks at approx 11pm/midnight on the 8th October.
Damn! I miss this by one day! Whats the occasion? Anything else going on around this time?
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax01
Damn! I miss this by one day! Whats the occasion? Anything else going on around this time?
The 9th October is the day Valencia celebrates its identity as a region. And one of the ways that Valencia defines itself is with its love of fireworks and gunpowder.

https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/eve...s/9-th-october

The definitive day/days for Valencians to showcase their pyromania are the celebrations held around the 19th March (Fallas and mascletas of San José). But October 8th is still a great day for firework enthusiasts
lax01 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by LapLap
The 9th October is the day Valencia celebrates its identity as a region. And one of the ways that Valencia defines itself is with its love of fireworks and gunpowder.

https://www.visitvalencia.com/en/eve...s/9-th-october

The definitive day/days for Valencians to showcase their pyromania are the celebrations held around the 19th March (Fallas and mascletas of San José). But October 8th is still a great day for firework enthusiasts
Got it - thanks! Too bad we will miss it!
LapLap likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:58 am

There are many events happening in Spain in the month of October you can experience the local culture and traditions through these events. Check out Spains official tourism website and choose the events you would like to attend and plan accordingly. Happy Travelling.
lax01 and boybi like this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
October 12 is a national holiday. Many musuems are free that day.
lax01 likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
In Barcelona you will be able to see the "local tradition" of political protests for the independence movement, particularly around the 11th October timeframe as independence supporters plan to stop traffic on all highways leading into Barcelona. It will probably only last 3 days but anything's possible, so keep in touch with the news just before you plan to arrive in case it might affect your plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.