Wiki Posts
Search

Gran Canaria / Tenerife Ferry

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hilton Honors
Gran Canaria / Tenerife Ferry

Hello all — in a couple weeks, I’ll be in Gran Canaria (staying at the Radisson Blu in Arguineguin). We’re interested in doing a day tour of Tenerife, and I know that Fred Olsen Express operates an express ferry from Agaete to S.C. de Tenerife, which is (at its cheapest) about 40 EUR per person.

Via some Googling, I’ve seen a number of tours that offer pricing including the ferry tickets which is only 69 EUR or 72 EUR (or similar), but that’s cheaper than a round-trip ferry. They also oddly seem to only run one day a week (one only runs on Tuesdays, a different company only runs on Thursdays).

I guess my question is: what’s going on here, and are these legitimate? Something seems off, given the pricing and the timing, but there seems to be so few resources on the internet regarding the Canary Islands (there’s very little on TripAdvisor I can find, for example) so it’s hard to tell — hence, I’ve turned to the true source of all knowledge, FlyerTalk to see if I can get some assistance here!

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I would strongly recommend taking the Binter Canarias flight to Tenerife Pricing is usually quite similar to ferry. Also, you will be in south and airport is midway. Ferry leaves from the north. I've taken the ferry once and got nauseous (bad call purchasing a tuna s/w on the ferry).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.