Wiki Posts
Search

Dollar Rental at LPA / "Raised card numbers"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hilton Honors
Dollar Rental at LPA / "Raised card numbers"

Hi all! I'm looking to rent a car at LPA next month for my stay on the island. I found a good looknig deal via Booking.com for a Dollar car rental, but it's indicating to me the following note:

This company will not accept prepaid, recharge or virtual credit cards - or any card on which the relevant characters are not raised (embossed).
Does anyone have any experience here? I asked because my (currently) only card without foreign transaction fees is a Chase Sapphire Reserve card, and while it technically does have raised numbers on the back, it's not printed in "full size" on the front like most cards are. Just want to see if anyone's had any experience with this or if there's any reason I should be concerned -- just in case.

Thanks!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
The terms you quoted do not say that the card number has to be full size on the front, does it? Why worry?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I've had this issue in South Africa once - and they weren't flexible. I would email them.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by CaptainMiles
The terms you quoted do not say that the card number has to be full size on the front, does it? Why worry?
The spirit of it is that non-standard cards are not accepted. Try arguing a technicality of the wording with a Spanish rental car attendant...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.