FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spain-portugal-gibraltar-713/)
-   -   Ceuta helicopter booking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spain-portugal-gibraltar/1963209-ceuta-helicopter-booking.html)

nancypants Mar 30, 2019 4:41 am

Ceuta helicopter booking

Evening all,

Does anyone have any hot tips for booking flights to Ceuta?
I am aiming for July, from Malaga

The website returns "no hay vuelos disponibles para esta fecha" on the dates I want and a large number of other dates randomly throughout the year

I emailed the company (in spanish) and they asked me to book on their website...

I am unsure if this is an issue with fares being filed only 3 months in advance or similar, or if the website is broken, or something else? I am also unsure how to proceed. Are there travel agents or similar who sell these tickets?

Thanks in advance for any help

MHG Mar 31, 2019 1:28 am

July is likely too far out for such an operation dedicated primarily at locals.
I donīt know how far out advance bookings are availlable normally but Iīd expect max 3 months.

But ...
As far as I have monitored this particular route over recent years there has regularily been a reduction in service or even interruption during summertime with previous operators due to expected low business traveller demand.
Maybe Helity goes along the same alley ...
At the moment flights are loaded into their reservation system until june 30 only.

nancypants Jun 22, 2019 2:58 am

Just to update, I booked early May for flights in early July so seems the 3 month thing is the issue

now to hopefully fly the thing and not get cancelled!

MHG Jun 22, 2019 3:36 am

So, I guess I was right ...
It makes little sense for them to accept reservations further ahead.
These flights are aimed at the locals in order to provide a reliable connection to the mainland.
And this kind of passengers usually books at relatively short notice for obvious reasons (e.g. the need to settle administrative issues or get proper health treatment on the mainland or even allowing for inexpensive visiting of friends/relatives)
So, the fare system is not dynamic. Prices do not change whether booked early or just before departure.
Helity has fixed prices depending on the expected demand which likely works out just fine since they certainly have reliabe statistics for each day/flight.

So, enjoy your flight and please let us know of your experience after the flight.
The AW-139 is a pretty modern and comfortable helicopter.
Iīve flown on AW-139 a few times and if itīs your first helicopter ride just expect it to be noisier than a jet flight. Somewhat comparable to older Turboprops (e.g. Saab340)

nancypants Jun 22, 2019 3:43 am

Originally Posted by MHG (Post 31228014)
So, I guess I was right ...
It makes little sense for them to accept reservations further ahead.
These flights are aimed at the locals in order to provide a reliable connection to the mainland.
And this kind of passengers usually books at relatively short notice for obvious reasons (e.g. the need to settle administrative issues or get proper health treatment on the mainland or even allowing for inexpensive visiting of friends/relatives)
So, the fare system is not dynamic. Prices do not change whether booked early or just before departure.
Helity has fixed prices depending on the expected demand which likely works out just fine since they certainly have reliabe statistics for each day/flight.

So, enjoy your flight and please let us know of your experience after the flight.
The AW-139 is a pretty modern and comfortable helicopter.
Iīve flown on AW-139 a few times and if itīs your first helicopter ride just expect it to be noisier than a jet flight. Somewhat comparable to older Turboprops (e.g. Saab340)

i am looking forward to it! Hopefully the information will be helpful for some subsequent mad person who tries to book it far out 😂

jahason Jan 20, 2023 7:42 am

Originally Posted by nancypants (Post 31228018)

i am looking forward to it! Hopefully the information will be helpful for some subsequent mad person who tries to book it far out 😂

Did you make the flight? I did a Ceuta-Malaga helicopter flight in 2009. That service stopped sometime later.

nancypants Jan 20, 2023 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by jahason (Post 34941656)
Did you make the flight? I did a Ceuta-Malaga helicopter flight in 2009. That service stopped sometime later.

yes- 2019- it was back running to Malaga and Algeciras

jahason Jan 22, 2023 4:43 am

I don't suppose you remember the cost do you?

LupineChemist Jan 23, 2023 11:32 am

https://www.helity.es/

Looks to be around 180€ for an adult