Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Late restaurant hours in Lisbon?

Late restaurant hours in Lisbon?

Old Jan 21, 19, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Expl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Late restaurant hours in Lisbon?

My wife and I will have a 14 hour overnight flight connection in Lisbon in late June, on either a Sunday or Monday night. Our inbound flight would arrive at about 8 pm from Dublin and we'd depart the next day for San Francisco at 10 am. We've been to Lisbon once before for several days and loved it, including the late hours of the restaurants. I believe that some restaurants might be closed on Sunday or Monday. But am I correct in assuming that we'd still get into town in time in the evening to have a nice dinner either night in Bairro Alto or some other neighborhood?

Thanks for any advice
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:45 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Yes, you'll be fine. Portuguese start dinner any time between 8pm and 9pm (maybe even later in the summer).

Since it's late June, I'd suggest having some sardines either at a restauratn or on the street either in Alfama, Bica or Madragoa.
Old Jan 22, 19, 2:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's not the most efficient airport, so I'd figure an hour from landing to leaving the airport, but then LIC is close to the city, so maybe a half hour by taxi to get to a restaurant. BTW, are you planning to check into your hotel after dinner?

Search this Thread