Uber in BCN

Old Nov 19, 18, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, National Executive Elite, Hilton Diamond
Uber in BCN

Tomorrow Iím staying at the Hilton diaganal Mar. I see Uber is at BCN but Uber X is quoting £44 whereas a regular taxi is at Ä30. Does this seem correct?
Old Dec 4, 18, 12:45 pm

Well that depends on your departing point, is it the airport? El prat? if so, fixed rate from the T4 is 39€
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:34 pm

Programs: IB+ VYPUNTO UXSUMA BAEC LHMM AFKLMFB TAPVIC AZMM QR EK EY GF SQ TG CX MH GA DL AA UA QF NZ ANA JAL..
Originally Posted by EerieVon View Post
Well that depends on your departing point, is it the airport? El prat? if so, fixed rate from the T4 is 39Ä
there is no T4 in BCN, only T1 (new terminal) and T2 (old one, mostly low cost and charter companies)

and as far as I know, the 39 eur is not a fixed rate, but the aproximate rate from the airport to most city center destinations and hotels (so not those in Diagonal Mar, which are much further away)
Old Dec 5, 18, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by josepciv View Post

there is no T4 in BCN, only T1 (new terminal) and T2 (old one, mostly low cost and charter companies)

and as far as I know, the 39 eur is not a fixed rate, but the aproximate rate from the airport to most city center destinations and hotels (so not those in Diagonal Mar, which are much further away)
The T4 was a typo, my bad!

I translated this:

Tarifa fixa de 39,00Ä que s'aplica als trajectes des de l'aeroport al Port de Barcelona i viceversa, i inclou tots els suplements.
Els taxis que no disposen de taxŪmetre adaptat per mostrar aquesta tarifa, portaran ben visible un adhesiu indicatiu amb la mateixa.

I guess that's where I got the wrong idea then. Though I went to BCN a couple of years before and there was an airport fixed rate as well, it may have changed then,
Old Dec 5, 18, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I know OP posted this many weeks ago, but for others in Spain looking for a taxi alternative, I have found Cabify to be good, though the drivers don't usually have the best English.