Tuk Tuk in lisbon

Old Sep 22, 18, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Tuk Tuk in lisbon

We thought a tuk tuk tour of Lisbon would be fun. We are arriving 2 days before our friends and will go to the Gulbekian museum and maybe dinner in los docas before they arrive. Also booked a tour to sintra
before they come.
How hard on your back and rear are the tuk tuk rides. We are in our 80s but fairly active.
Should we use another means for general Lisbon tour and use tuk tuk
for only an hour or two?
All suggestions welcome.
Thank you
Old Sep 24, 18, 7:28 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
I wouldn't say the tuk tuks are hard on your back per say, especially since the roads aren't too bad. My back was fine, but my rear was very slightly sore because the padding isn't the best. I'm very young, so take that as you will.

The tuk tuk ride was fun, but I would definitely recommend walking around in Lisbon because, IMO, the tuk tuk only allowed us to get one aspect such a wonderful city. But remember, in Lisbon, it's uphill both ways

So I guess in that respect, the tuk tuk got us to some amazing viewpoints without having to walk.
Old Sep 24, 18, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Re tuk tuk

We do intend to walk as much as we can. But, it is our last day in Lisbon and sure we will need to take it easy.....opposite of you notion our 80s!! So want to take it slow and easy.
thanks for your info. Appreciate it.
Old Sep 26, 18, 2:51 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
If you're looking for a tour, tuk-tuks may be a decent way to go. Otherwise, uber/taxify/chaufeur privé gets you from A to B easily.
Old Sep 26, 18, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Out time in lisbon

Thank you for answering. We have decided more or less your way. We need to respect our age of ruin our ttip.
Old Sep 29, 18, 8:43 am

Tuk tuks are fine, although if you find them hard on your back, Lisbon also has Uber which I'd recommend. Both taxis and uber are pretty cheap (at least when compared to London!)

Search this Thread