Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Connecting in Lisbon (PDL - LIS - LGW)

Old Sep 6, 18, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Hi, just wanted to find out some info.

I'm flying from PDL (Ponta Delgada, Azores) to Lisbon and then connecting in Lisbon and flying onto London - the layover is 2hr 20m. The two flights are on separate airlines but both flights arrive into and depart from Terminal 1, we will only have hand luggage and can check-in online for the LIS-LGW flight.

Assuming that I can check-in online for the LIS - LGW flights and have my boarding pass, can I just go through the connecting flights (airside) part of the airport rather that having to go landside to arrivals and then back into departures? (I have connected airside before at other airports when travelling on separate tickets/airlines but just wanted to double check i'm not missing anything)

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 7, 18, 7:01 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
If you are checked-in, carry-on bags only, then yes, you can go straight to your next gate.

SATA usually uses buses, Ryanair always uses buses
If you're flying in on FR (ryanair), you'll get dropped very close to the exit from the secure area - you will need to find the stairs to make it back up to the departures level of the terminal (don't go down the stairs - that's the way OUT) and find the non-schengen N gates (10 min walk)

If you are flying with SATA, you'll be dropped off at the far end of the Schengen area right next to passport control for your LGW flight.

You won't need to clear security in either case.

If the flight is on-time (or even an hour late), that's plenty of time to make this connection.
Old Sep 7, 18, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much, your reply is massively helpful! one quick question - I'm flying in on ryanair, are the stairs/connections (reasonably) clearly sign-posted?
Old Sep 9, 18, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by chinabean View Post
I'm flying in on ryanair, are the stairs/connections (reasonably) clearly sign-posted?
Yes there are signs. When the bus drops you off in T1 (all T2 arrivals end up in T1), go UP the stairs to the departures level of T1, not DOWN the stairs to the arrivals/baggage claim level. If you see the one-way walk through gates, you have gone the wrong way, go back and up the stairs.

Last edited by Palal; Sep 9, 18 at 5:50 am
Old Sep 14, 18, 6:20 am
Original Poster

All was fine, Schengen to non schengen meant that we went upstairs after getting off the bus from the plane and then walked down to the passport gates after grabbing some food. No queue at the e gates. A pleasant connection all in all! Thanks for the input, meant I was able to not only know where I was going but also stop a friend on the same flight from going out of arrivals and having to go through security again!
Old Sep 14, 18, 5:55 pm

Glad to hear it worked out!

Search this Thread