Wiki Posts
Search

Lisbon (LIS) connection - consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 7:34 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
Originally Posted by Palal
This thread should be in the Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar forum.
Indeed so. The thread has arrived, transferred to the Schengen zone, and is now on its way to the Iberian forum. Please continue to follow this topic in Spain/Portugal.

stut
Europe Forum
Old May 21, 2016, 11:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As you're flying into Schengen, you'll likely retrieve your baggage in Málaga, not Lisboa. You will have to process immigration into the Schengen area. 1:20 should be OK if you arrive on time, but don't expect it to be restful.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
the other European airlines (incl. TAP) forum and Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar forum have a lot of info on this topic.
Old May 22, 2016, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
I don't see any 1h20m connection EWR-AGP. All EWR inbounds arrive in the morning (TP at ~ 5:55, UA at ~ 8:15). The only morning AGP flight leaves at 8:25. TP connection is >2h and UA connection is impossible. OP, please clarify what you had already been asked by Mwenenzi: what airlines and times?
Old May 22, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by stut
Indeed so. The thread has arrived, transferred to the Schengen zone, and is now on its way to the Iberian forum. Please continue to follow this topic in Spain/Portugal.

stut
Europe Forum
Let's hope OP's transfer in LIS will be just as smooth
Old May 22, 2016, 1:37 pm

ok we are looking at TAP Portugal operated by United which is set to arrive in Lisbon at 6 AM and the out going flight is set at 7:25 AM by White airways.

If this is too tight, we will schedule a different route altogether. Our flight actually originates in San Antonio and goes through Newark.

I trust the information on this site because my past experience has shown me that yall are the best. I really appreciate the help. Thank you

Doug
Old May 22, 2016, 1:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by spunks
ok we are looking at TAP Portugal operated by United which is set to arrive in Lisbon at 6 AM and the out going flight is set at 7:25 AM by White airways.

If this is too tight, we will schedule a different route altogether. Our flight actually originates in San Antonio and goes through Newark.

I trust the information on this site because my past experience has shown me that yall are the best. I really appreciate the help. Thank you

Doug
Does White Airways interline with either UA or TAP? If not, you will need to retrieve and recheck luggage, which takes much more time, especially since it's such a long walk to luggage claim at LIS. You'll also have two separate connections and hence no protection if you miss the flight.
Old May 22, 2016, 1:43 pm

Should be doable if UA arrives on time
Old May 22, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Palal
Should be doable if UA arrives on time
This. Just make sure you pack a couple of days of clothes and essentials in your carry-on. While you may make your flight, your luggage may not join you until later.
Old May 23, 2016, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does White Airways interline with either UA or TAP?
That's a bit of a red herring

White operates for TP, as TP. In fact the airline was originally majority owned by TP: it was then known as Yes. Silly names for an odd airline.
Old May 23, 2016, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
That's a bit of a red herring

White operates for TP, as TP. In fact the airline was originally majority owned by TP: it was then known as Yes. Silly names for an odd airline.
Consider White as United express operated by YourFavoriteRegionalAirline.

TP now has:
TAP operated by TAP
TAP operated by Portugália dba TAP Express
TAP operated by White (short-haul ATRs that OP's on)
TAP operated by Azul (for the A330s leased from AD)

Except the last one, none of these are codeshare, all are marketed only by TP. The last one - TP has a couple of A330s from AD, but I'm not sure if it's a wet lease or a dry lease so YMMV.

Did I forget anything?

Last edited by Palal; May 23, 2016 at 6:33 am
Old May 23, 2016, 6:41 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
There were two threads started by the OP on the same subject. They were merged.
Old May 25, 2016, 5:39 am

Sounds doable. I once had a 45min connection at LIS which was hurried, but smooth. When you arrive, tap crew will probably put you ahead on immigration line.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:17 am

I have similar questions about my single purchase round trip ticket for US/LIS/SVQ. US/LIS on TAP and LIS/SVQ on White Airways. The inbound layover at LIS is 2hours and 15min, and the outbound is 2hours 30min.

I assume the layover times should be fine? There should be no charge for my checked luggage on White Airways at SVQ?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 3:43 pm

White airways operates TAP Express and all you will deal only with TAP on the ground. 2h15 and 2h30 is enough for a smooth leisurely connection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.