Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel near MAD Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Hotel near MAD Airport

Hi all,

not or sure if this is the right place for this thread so please feel free to move it if necessary.

Basically I'm flying from SOU to MEX via AMS and MAD with an overnight stay in MAD and need somewhere to stay overnight.

can anyone recommend a hotel in close vicinity to the airport? Cost isn't a huge concern.

Thanks in advance,

R
Old May 3, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
There are many hotels near MAD, both international and local chains. But none that have any wow factor to them - just standard airport hotels.

How long is your overnight? Many people also take the quick and easy train or metro to the city centre and enjoy a nice dinner in town.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:23 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I’m going to move this to the Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar Forum to ensure your question is seen by members with knowledge of the area.

FlyinHawaiian, Acting Moderator - Other Hotel Chains Forum
Old May 7, 2018, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I would make sure that it has a shuttle to the airport. Taxis are expensive.
I have stayed at the Marriott there. It is huge. But can be inexpensive.
Old May 9, 2018, 8:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I stayed at the Hilton MAD Airport last year and it was quite good. They have an executive lounge if you have Gold or Diamond status, a shuttle that will drop and pick up from MAD and also drop you at a nearby Metro stop and it's a comfortable and nice property.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:03 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by CMK10
I stayed at the Hilton MAD Airport last year and it was quite good. They have an executive lounge if you have Gold or Diamond status, a shuttle that will drop and pick up from MAD and also drop you at a nearby Metro stop and it's a comfortable and nice property.
Hilton is good, executive lounge has been lousy recently, tbh.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I rather liked the Melia in the nearby town of Barajas which was not too OTT but pleasantly upmarket with a decent outdoor pool. There was a free shuttle. It may have rebranded, as everything in Madrid seems to, but I would still go back.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:53 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I would say that with the time you would take dealing with a shuttle, you're probably better off just getting a hotel either near the convention center or Nuevos Ministerios and going there on Metro.

Granted getting to the Metro can be annoying from T1 but if 2 people, a Taxi should be reasonable to the convention center area compared with the metro.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:32 am

Usually I take the Marriott Auditorium Madrid Airport if I want to stay just one night at the Airport. It has a very nice and huge Exceutive Lounge that allows you to enjoy some privacy in this huge Hotel. Rooms are refurbished bathrooms are very good for spanish standards. Howevery you can still feel that it has been a different brand before. They have as well a shuttle service to the airport. However you have almost nothing around. So I can`t recommend it if you are looking for some evening tappas in walking distance. The Fitness and Pool area is quite okay. (Taxis from the Airport usually have a fixed / flat fee of 30€ indepented where you want to go in the city of Madrid)

pbiflyer likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Sorry to hop on this thread but looking for something nice within hilton/marriot/IHG or melia that's easily accessible by the metro and easy to get to around 6pm and back to the airport for 9am. Maybe close to somewhere I can have a walk around and get dinner etc.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
Sorry to hop on this thread but looking for something nice within hilton/marriot/IHG or melia that's easily accessible by the metro and easy to get to around 6pm and back to the airport for 9am. Maybe close to somewhere I can have a walk around and get dinner etc.
If you are flying in/out of T1,T2, or T3, you are limited to the metro 8 line. T4 has both the metro 8 and the C1 train line. That is 2.55 euro I think. Link here with good overview . https://www.madrid-traveller.com/tra...rajas-airport/ You can bus between terminals, but that does take time to get from the T1-3 to T4. Keep that in mind.
It would seem that the metro requires transfers to get anywhere you might find interesting.

You could take the train into the Atocha station. There are a couple Marriott properties near there. An AC hotel, IIRC. Not been there.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:07 am

AC Atocha and AC Carlton are both easy walking distance from Atocha. You can take the train directly from T4 or the express bus from T1-2-3

If taking the train from T4, there is a Holiday Inn at Pirámides.

I actually live near the Atocha hotels and I'd recommend the area, very short walk to the Huertas area with lots of restaurants and night life.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:14 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
AC Atocha and AC Carlton are both easy walking distance from Atocha. You can take the train directly from T4 or the express bus from T1-2-3

If taking the train from T4, there is a Holiday Inn at Pirámides.

I actually live near the Atocha hotels and I'd recommend the area, very short walk to the Huertas area with lots of restaurants and night life.
I agree. I stayed at the AC Atocha in 2014 when I spent four days in Madrid and it was both a good hotel and a good base of operations for touring. Plus as you said you can walk to plenty of places to eat.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
AC Atocha and AC Carlton are both easy walking distance from Atocha. You can take the train directly from T4....
I fly into MAD T4 late afternoon on a Saturday and plan to take the train to Atocha and stay one night at the AC Atocha before departing T4 (IB flight) the next morning. The train takes 30 min from Atocha to T4 - at what time do I need to arrive comfortably at T4 to depart the train, clear security and have 30 minutes of lounge time before boarding a 8:20 AM departure to LHR???
Old Feb 26, 2019, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by geo1005
I fly into MAD T4 late afternoon on a Saturday and plan to take the train to Atocha and stay one night at the AC Atocha before departing T4 (IB flight) the next morning. The train takes 30 min from Atocha to T4 - at what time do I need to arrive comfortably at T4 to depart the train, clear security and have 30 minutes of lounge time before boarding a 8:20 AM departure to LHR???
Being at T4 by 7:15 should be fine. That's going to be an IB operated flight so will leave from T4 main. I live right next to the hotel and can assure you it's quite easy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.