2.5 weeks in Spain

Old Apr 22, 18, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

2.5 weeks in Spain

My wife and I are planning a trip to Spain for about 2.5 weeks in September. Will fly open jaw BCN/MAD. We are planning to stay 4 nights in Barcelona, 4 nights in Madrid, 4 nights in Seville, 2 nights in Granada and 2-3 nights somewhere in Costa del Sol. Will do day trips from Madrid to Toledo and from Seville to Córdoba. Need help to decide which beach to stay in south of Spain.
If we start from Barcelona, we will fly to Granada then take a bus to a beach around Malaga then train to Seville and finally train to Madrid. If we fly to Madrid, we will reverse the itinerary.
This is our first trip to Spain. Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 23, 18, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Silver
A couple things.
You may want to look at train times. You need to look at transit times. Sevilla is a short high speed train ride from Madrid. I am not sure how much time you will save flying to Grenada. You may want to go Madrid, Sevilla, Grenada, then to BCN.
We actually based ourselves near Malaga and rented a car and drove from there to Grenada and Cordoba for day trips. If you do not have a car, you may be limited to the Costa Del Sol choices. Did you consider Valencia?
Old Jul 7, 18, 2:22 am

I can highly recommend Toledo; It`s very authentic and gives a very nice flair of the typical spanish feeling with very tiny streets. Don`t miss the view from the outside street (don`t remember the name) down to the the city. Its just lovely. Next time I would rather prefer to stay overnight just to enjoy a nice dinner in lovely atmosphere. However be carefull it can get very hot during summer months.

Search this Thread