Wiki Posts
Search

Around Sitges late May

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Around Sitges late May

I'm going to be heading to Sitges around Memorial Day weekend (end of May). I'll be staying there all 3 nights and though I suspect it won't be as hopping a nightlife scene as it was when I went in July, it will work well for me. I imagine whether it will be beach weather during the day will be up in the air, but if it's not do folks have suggestions as to easy things to do as a solo traveler hopping on the regional rail from Sitges? ( I've done Barcelona many times.) Is Tarragona worth the trip? Any easily accessible hikes? Thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
By late May bars and so on will be open but the nightlife will not be like peak summer. If you want a hike I would recommend walking from the Terramar Hotel to Vilanova via the coastal track. You'll pass by some spectacular coves and gay nude beaches if that's your thing.
But personally I would recommend staying in BCN, daytripping to Sitges (stay near Passeig de Gracia station or Estacio de França) so you can pick up the direct train which takes about 35 minutes to Sitges.
Even better, rent a car and drive up the Costa Brava. Stay a night in Girona (where Game of Thrones was shot), then drive to Figueres for the Dali museum and finish up in a charming village like Cadaques.
Personally I would not bother with Tarragona; apart from the Roman ruins it has nothing you won't find in any other Catalan city.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Oh, and for hiking you should not miss Montserrat. The setting is spectacular with a monastry built into the mountain rock and the most stunning views. You can do this easily in a day trip from BCN (Plaça Espanya station)
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HalconBCN
Oh, and for hiking you should not miss Montserrat. The setting is spectacular with a monastry built into the mountain rock and the most stunning views. You can do this easily in a day trip from BCN (Plaça Espanya station)
Thanks. I've done Montserrat before. I also for several reasons don't want to stay in BCN itself, but your suggestion about the hike is helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.