Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

Trip Booked - Spain/Portugal - Need Feedback

Trip Booked - Spain/Portugal - Need Feedback

Old Feb 6, 18, 1:27 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
Trip Booked - Spain/Portugal - Need Feedback

So finally booked the tickets for the trip to Spain & Portugal this summer.

Following is the high level itinerary, I also know it is very tight and need feedback to high level refine it.

ORD-BCN 15
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 19 BCN - MAD
Day 5
Day 5
Day 7 - MAD - Seville
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10 - MAD- LIS
Day 11
Day 12 LIS - ORD

Thanks in advance.
troyhouse is offline  
Old Feb 7, 18, 9:30 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Barcelona
Programs: AA Platinum (LT Gold), Stariott Lifetime Plat Premier, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Posts: 387
I wouldn't go back to Madrid from Sevilla before going to Lisbon, I would just go on directly to Lisbon from Sevilla, as it will save you time.
I'd probably spend an extra day in Barcelona or Lisbon and one fewer day in Sevilla, unless you are trying to do a day trip to Cordoba or Granada from Sevilla.
spainlover is offline  
Old Feb 7, 18, 9:38 am
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
Originally Posted by spainlover View Post
I wouldn't go back to Madrid from Sevilla before going to Lisbon, I would just go on directly to Lisbon from Sevilla, as it will save you time.
I'd probably spend an extra day in Barcelona or Lisbon and one fewer day in Sevilla, unless you are trying to do a day trip to Cordoba or Granada from Sevilla.
Thats a good point. I might change trip to go directly from BCN to SVQ and to MAD to LIS. This will allow me to avoid going back and forth from MAD to SVQ and vice-versa.
troyhouse is offline  
Old Feb 7, 18, 10:08 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,671
SVQ-LIS is usually not very cheap, unless you have UA miles and can use them on this route. I would do BCN>SVQ (flight) > MAD (train)>LIS (flight).
One day less in BCN, one more for LIS.
Palal is offline  
Old Feb 7, 18, 11:11 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: MAD
Programs: IB+, BAEC
Posts: 2,360
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
SVQ-LIS is usually not very cheap, unless you have UA miles and can use them on this route. I would do BCN>SVQ (flight) > MAD (train)>LIS (flight).
One day less in BCN, one more for LIS.
Yeah, getting from Sevilla to Lisbon is shockingly annoying considering the close distance. Flying is expensive and the bus is long and cramped. The international border makes one-way car rentals a non-starter.

I guess depending on how much you trust people, Blablacar could work.
LupineChemist is offline  
Old Mar 29, 18, 8:24 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
So I refined my itinerary and following is the updated one. Is this right time to start booking flights for internal flights for travel in July or should wait for some discounts?

ORD-BCN
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 BCN - SVQ
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 - SVQ - MAD
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10 - MAD- LIS (early morning, so have 2 good days in LIS)
Day 11
Day 12 LIS - ORD
troyhouse is offline  
Old Mar 30, 18, 7:04 pm
  #7  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Ihg, Delta, Iberia, American, Southwest
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by troyhouse View Post
So I refined my itinerary and following is the updated one. Is this right time to start booking flights for internal flights for travel in July or should wait for some discounts?

ORD-BCN
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 BCN - SVQ
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 - SVQ - MAD
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10 - MAD- LIS (early morning, so have 2 good days in LIS)
Day 11
Day 12 LIS - ORD
July is pretty busy flight time, specially to fly SVQ and LIS. I would pick it ASAP, low cost airlines make cheaper your ticket depending how soon you make your purchase. You have another good option for SVQ-MAD, high speed train(50-80 $) the view worth it and it is about 2 and half hours.
trebol42 is offline  
Old Apr 3, 18, 4:09 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: somewhere between Europe and Africa, from SFO
Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Posts: 7,671
Originally Posted by troyhouse View Post
So I refined my itinerary and following is the updated one. Is this right time to start booking flights for internal flights for travel in July or should wait for some discounts?

ORD-BCN
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4 BCN - SVQ
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7 - SVQ - MAD
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10 - MAD- LIS (early morning, so have 2 good days in LIS)
Day 11
Day 12 LIS - ORD
Looks like a good itinerary.

BTW. Ryanair will start OPO-SVQ at the end of Oct 2018.
Palal is offline  
Old Apr 3, 18, 8:11 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Ihg, Delta, Iberia, American, Southwest
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Palal View Post
Looks like a good itinerary.

BTW. Ryanair will start OPO-SVQ at the end of Oct 2018.
Thanks for the update, these are really good news. That connection was needed.
trebol42 is offline  
Old May 11, 18, 8:44 am
  #10  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
Need help in booking with the tickets for all the attractions in spain and portugal? Thanks in advance.

whats the best site or place to book any of these tickets at discount?
troyhouse is offline  
Old May 11, 18, 9:03 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: TPA
Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Posts: 210
What kind of attractions??
honores41 is offline  
Old May 12, 18, 8:51 pm
  #12  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
Originally Posted by honores41 View Post
What kind of attractions??
any museums or such attractions in barcleon, madrid or for any day trips !!
troyhouse is offline  
Old May 15, 18, 11:59 am
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
Which airline is better, and on time, Ryanair or Vueling for travel within Spain?
troyhouse is offline  
Old May 15, 18, 1:03 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 834
Is there a way to get ESN Card to get discounts on Ryanair?
troyhouse is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread