Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

LIS - non-Schengen transit guidance

Old Jan 8, 18, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

TP will let me book a 55 minutes transit, arriving from LGW and heading to RAK. I understand that iíll need to clear security so this feels tight but do-able. Would anyone who has done a similar non-Schengen to non-Schengen transit at LIS agree? Will be in C so have the advantage of being off the plane first when we arrive. Any noteworthy hints or tips?
Old Jan 8, 18, 5:58 am

Programs: Gold: Flying blue / Silver: Club Accor
Hi

Guess what ? I have the same question

2 things i would suggest you to write are day/time of arrival in LIS and the terminals of your departure/arrival flights

Cause it can change a lot of things . As far as i know, LIS is a mid-size airport so if both flights are in the same terminal it should be ok

But your flight is from UK so i guess you will be already in the non-schengen area , therefore only a small usual security checkpoint and no need to pass through immigration

Last edited by fifty_two; Jan 8, 18 at 6:04 am
Old Jan 8, 18, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good point! It is all Terminal 1
Outbound 13:15 - 14:10
Return 18:05-19:10

Old Jan 8, 18, 9:28 pm

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
Yes it's doable. It's a 2-min walk to security, probably no line in security and a 2 minute walk back. There may be a bus transfer from the plane to where you have to start your walk, and there will probably be a bus transfer from the RAK gate to the plane.
There are no non-Schengen lounges in LIS.
Old Jan 9, 18, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal View Post
Yes it's doable. It's a 2-min walk to security, probably no line in security and a 2 minute walk back. There may be a bus transfer from the plane to where you have to start your walk, and there will probably be a bus transfer from the RAK gate to the plane.
Thanks. That sounds pretty straightforward and with a little buffer for a delayed inbound. And if we do misconnect Lisbon is not a bad place to be stranded.
Old Feb 28, 18, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Similar question and I suppose the answer is similar, but I just wanted to check...

EWR-LIS-ACC. Arriving 8:20am on United, Departing 9:45am on TAP. All Terminal 1. In C, so I'd be fast to get off the plane (though probably just onto a bus to the terminal). Hand luggage only.

Two questions.
1. Would I be correct to assume it's straightforwardly & easy unless United is seriously late.
2. Would I be correct to assume that there's no need to deal with immigration, just clearing security?
Old Feb 28, 18, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I'm flying LIS-LHR on BA and they say the Lounge ANA is their Contract lounge. Does one not have access to this?

Old Mar 1, 18, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by endrond View Post
Similar question and I suppose the answer is similar, but I just wanted to check...

EWR-LIS-ACC. Arriving 8:20am on United, Departing 9:45am on TAP. All Terminal 1. In C, so I'd be fast to get off the plane (though probably just onto a bus to the terminal). Hand luggage only.

Two questions.
1. Would I be correct to assume it's straightforwardly & easy unless United is seriously late.
2. Would I be correct to assume that there's no need to deal with immigration, just clearing security?
1. Yes, easily doable even if the connection is only 30 mins.
2. No immigration, just a quick security check.

nfortunately there are no lounges on the non-Schengen side. If you see that the queues aren't too bad and you have an hour - feel free to go to the Schengen area and grab a bite at the TAP lounge.
Old Mar 1, 18, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
I'm flying LIS-LHR on BA and they say the Lounge ANA is their Contract lounge. Does one not have access to this?
The lounge is located in the Schengen area. If you're originating in LIS, you'll go through security, then to the lounge. You'll have to pass passport control when you leave the lounge and walk to the BA gate.

Give yourself 15-20 mins to get from the lounge to the plane.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 18, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Originally Posted by Yoshi212 View Post
sure you have access. But as there's still a significant walk and a passport check, I find it difficult to relax into a pastel de nata orgy: I'll grab one if there's time, but I prefer to get through to the gate area and sit there. There are refreshments available on the non-Schengen side, but you have to pay for them (!).
Old Mar 1, 18, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
sure you have access. But as there's still a significant walk and a passport check, I find it difficult to relax into a pastel de nata orgy: I'll grab one if there's time, but I prefer to get through to the gate area and sit there. There are refreshments available on the non-Schengen side, but you have to pay for them (!).
That lounge doesn't have proper pasteis de nata, only minis. The TP lounge does, but it's not for BA customers.
Old Mar 1, 18, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Thanks Palal for the information...very useful!
Old Mar 1, 18, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
That lounge doesn't have proper pasteis de nata, only minis. The TP lounge does, but it's not for BA customers.
the custard/pastry ratio might be all wrong, but minis are better than nothing

But, hand on heart, I have had the full-sized beauties in the ANA lounge. It wasn't the mirrors confusing me....
Old Mar 2, 18, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK View Post
the custard/pastry ratio might be all wrong, but minis are better than nothing

But, hand on heart, I have had the full-sized beauties in the ANA lounge. It wasn't the mirrors confusing me....
I remember they had them at some point.

Search this Thread