Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar
Reload this Page >

How’s earlyto be at LIS for UA to EWR

Old Dec 28, 17, 10:54 am
Original Poster

we are on the 1015 lis-ewr this Saturday. United says be at airport 3 hour’s in advance but ticket counter doesn’t even open until 745. What is a reasonable time to get there - I’m not trying to push it but I also don’t want to be sitting around unnecessarily. Any advice?
Old Dec 31, 17, 11:04 am
Original Poster

To answer my own question....

For others with the same question: We arrived at the airport at 730 am for a 10:15 am flight. Lots of lines - from the line of taxis waiting to enter, to bag check, to security, to passport control, to entry at the gate, and finally to board the aircraft. Note that all of the lines were not long (and relatively short as the roped off areas for lines were only about 25% or less full) so with long lines even 3 hours might be pushing it. Our 2:45 was sufficient (including a 10 minute bathroom stop (another line)) but we made it to the gate as boarding began. So, one of the few airports I've been to where 3 hours isn't crazy. FWIW, LIS is a very pleasant airport (from what I could see as we walked briskly through it!)
Old Jan 2, 18, 2:19 am

Programs: A3*G, EY Silver
If you have status, get there by 9AM, otherwise you'll be fine arriving at 8:30AM. The period around Christmas/New Year's and in August is pretty busy.

Search this Thread