Wiki Posts
Search

Spain Trip Recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Spain Trip Recommendation

Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Spain from September 21 to October 8. We are landing in Barcelona and are planning on spending the first 5 days there. After that we are going to visit Seville and Majorca. We have about 4 days to visit another city or two and are looking for suggestions (Granada, Malaga, Cordoba)??

We are in our mid twenties and are looking for a combination of cities with good nightlife, activities, history, food, and culture.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro (LT Gold), Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium, National Exec,Hyatt,Melia, BA Exec, Iberia+
Hi there,
Do you already have your travel within Spain booked (specifically how you will get to Sevilla)? And which city do you fly out of on your way back?

If you haven't already booked getting to Sevilla, I would recommend adding Madrid to your list. I would take the train from Barcelona to Madrid (only 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 hours), spend several days in Madrid, and then take the train from Madrid to Sevilla (another 2 1/2 hours). Madrid hits everything you want with terrific nightlife and culture, and plenty of history, activities and good food.

If you've already booked direct from Barcelona or Mallorca to Sevilla, I would add Granada and Cordoba to your trip. They are both within a couple of hours of Sevilla, so it will be easy travel. Lots of culture and history, and you'll get to see the Alhambra, one of the most impressive sights within Spain. It's been a long time since I visited either, so I can't speak to much to nightlife, but for Granada at least, there's a big university population, so I'm sure there are some decent options at night.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Greetings from Madrid, which you definitely shouldn't miss!
Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:36 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Greetings from Valencia, which you definitely should miss.

Seriously, it is just a poor man's Barcelona.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: qantas airnz
We thoroughly enjoyed our time in Malaga. We are not night owls but especially enjoyed all the bars & excellent tapas that we had. There was enough for us to see during the day-was good to visit the Malaga Bullfighting Museum to see some of the history
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by sportzcrazyy13
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are taking a trip to Spain from September 21 to October 8. We are landing in Barcelona and are planning on spending the first 5 days there. After that we are going to visit Seville and Majorca. We have about 4 days to visit another city or two and are looking for suggestions (Granada, Malaga, Cordoba)??

We are in our mid twenties and are looking for a combination of cities with good nightlife, activities, history, food, and culture.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
You can fly direct to Granada from Mallorca with Air Europa.
Therefore Granada could be a great option for a couple of night, visit the Alhambra and go to the hot springs at night (=magical)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.