Madrid Itinerary 6 full days

Old Mar 5, 17, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Madrid Itinerary 6 full days

Good day,

We are arriving to Madrid from US May 10 afternoon and leaving May 17 afternoon. So we have 6 full days. I am thinking of spending maybe 2 days in Madrid to enjoy the city ( we don't really care for museums) and then rent a car and drive around the area maybe Toledo/Segovia. Any recommendations on what to do/see are very helpful.

Already been to Barcelona so not interested to go there again.

Thank you.
Old Mar 6, 17, 7:40 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
If you go to Segovia by car, take the route through Navacerrada and stop at La Granja de San Ildefonso.
Old Mar 6, 17, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by vendetto View Post
Good day,

We are arriving to Madrid from US May 10 afternoon and leaving May 17 afternoon. So we have 6 full days. I am thinking of spending maybe 2 days in Madrid to enjoy the city ( we don't really care for museums) and then rent a car and drive around the area maybe Toledo/Segovia. Any recommendations on what to do/see are very helpful.

Thank you.
Toledo, Segovia, and even Seville/Cordoba (which can be done in a long day trip) are all doable via train. All worthwhile
Old Mar 8, 17, 11:18 am

I would take the Train to Toledo. It's so easy and the parking garages aren't any closer than the train station.

Maybe take the car to El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen? Personally a car in Madrid seems like a bad idea to me, but....
Old Mar 21, 17, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist View Post
If you go to Segovia by car, take the route through Navacerrada and stop at La Granja de San Ildefonso.
Not to hi jack this thread. Have a quick qestion.

If already at Segovia without a car, how would you go from Segovia to La Granja de San Ildefonso? By bus, which one?
Thanks in advance.

OP, another day trip possibility is Avila.
Old Mar 22, 17, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel View Post
Not to hi jack this thread. Have a quick qestion.

If already at Segovia without a car, how would you go from Segovia to La Granja de San Ildefonso? By bus, which one?
Thanks in advance.

OP, another day trip possibility is Avila.
Here's the PDF with the bus schedule to La Granja and back

https://lasepulvedana.es/pdf-la-sepu...-20Marzo17.pdf
Old Mar 22, 17, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by LupineChemist View Post
Here's the PDF with the bus schedule to La Granja and back

https://lasepulvedana.es/pdf-la-sepu...-20Marzo17.pdf
Thank you so much. Very helpful
Old Mar 28, 17, 8:16 am

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat - 2MM miles
Valle de los Caidos in closed on Mondays

Segovia is well worth a day visit.

I also enjoy Avila, Toledo, Cuenca (the hanging houses) and all are easy day trips from Madrid
Old Apr 5, 17, 7:31 am

Programs: AA- Million Miler, DL,
I'd add Granada to the list and consider the train - much simpler than dealing with a car. Also factor in siesta and later night dinners. We made the mistake of traveling during siesta and not shifting our hours in the evenings to enjoy a little more o the nightlife.
Old Apr 5, 17, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by RhodyRed View Post
I'd add Granada to the list and consider the train - much simpler than dealing with a car. Also factor in siesta and later night dinners. We made the mistake of traveling during siesta and not shifting our hours in the evenings to enjoy a little more o the nightlife.
No train to Granada, still. The best option for transport is the bus, but it's rather comfortable and not a hassle at all.
Old Apr 5, 17, 2:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Iberia Silver
Originally Posted by vendetto View Post
Good day,

Thank you.
You should be sure to take a relaxing cup of "café con leche" on the Plaza Mayor. Stroll the Retiro park, perhaps renting a paddle boat which is very nice on a sunny day.

I know you say you don't like museums, but the Prado and Reina Sofia are really world class museums, so you would be seriously missing out if you did not visit at least one of them.

Search this Thread