Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Palal
Update Aug 26, 2016
Two new day passes have been introduced:

1. Metro/Carris/Transtejo:
metro/buses/trams/elevator/funiculars/boat to the other side of the river [Cacilhas]. Cost: 9€ for 24 hrs
2. Metro/Carris/CP (trains to Cascais, Sintra, Sado). Cost: 10€ for 24 hours of unlimited rides.

The previously-available day pass continues to be sold as well: metro/carris for 6€.
All of these are good for 24 hours from the first time you validate the ticket.

The card itself onto which you can charge the ticket costs 0.50€.
Carris includes buses/trams/elevator/funiculars.

Transport between LIS / Lisbon Airport and Downtown / City Centre
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EDIT / ADD VALUE
There are several transport methods available:

Taxi - Airport: from Arrivals rank or flagged from Departures level
City: on street or from rank
Cost: €10-12 daylight hours, more on weekends and between 8pm and 6am. Extra charge for large bags.

Uber: Generally cheaper than taxi, but some drivers decline to pick up at airport because of hostile environment by taxi drivers. No extra charges for bags.

Metro: Not direct but efficient, clean
Cost: €1.40+0.50€ (rechargeable card) = 1.90€ (included in Lisboa Card)

€6.00 Metro/Carris 24-hour pass. (+0.50€ for the rechargeable card).
Includes metro/bus/tram/elevator/funiculars

€9.00 metro/Carris/Transtejo 24-hour pass.
Same as above + boat to Cacilhas

From 06:30 to 01:00 / 1 am
Web: www.metrolisboa.pt
Some stops to note:
Cais do Sodré: For trains to Cascais and Estoril, trams for Belem, and ferries to the Monument to Christ.
Rossio: For trains to Sintra.
Sao Sebastiao: For the Gulbenkian Museum.
Jardim Zoologico: For the Sete Rios bus terminal for express buses to all over Portugal.
Colegio Militar-Luz: For the Colombo shopping mall and the Benfica stadium.
Oriente: For national and international trains, city buses, and all the Parque das Nações attractions.

AeroBus: Carris bus company, connects airport - centre (Centro do Comercio, Cais do Sodré) and many hotels
Cost: €3.50 24 hour pass (can buy €3.00 return ticket online)
07:00h to 23:00h (departures from Airport)
07:45h to 22:30h (departures from Cais do Sodré)
Every 20 minutes (every 30 mins after 21:00h / 9 pm)

"Carris" City Bus: Carris city bus system (included in Lisbon Card). The ticket is purchased on board. €1.35,

€6.00 Metro/Carris 24-hour pass. (+0.50€ for the rechargeable card).
Includes metro/bus/tram/elevator/funiculars

€9.00 metro/Carris/Transtejo 24-hour pass.
Same as above + boat to Cacilhas

€10.00 metro/Carris/CP 24 hour pass
Same as the 6€ version, but adding trains to Cascais, Sintra and between Barreiro and Sado

Web: http://carris.transporteslisboa.pt/en/home/
744 and 783 connects Lisbon city centre and the airport.
Here are some useful bus routes:
727 - Passes by Marquês de Pombal Square and goes all the way to Belem, via the neighborhood of Santos.
728 - Useful for getting between Belem and Oriente along the river, via Cais do Sodré. Faster than the 15E tram.
737 - Mini bus going from Figueira Square to Saint George's Castle via Alfama, if you don't want to climb up to the castle. But walk back down to the center, stopping at the viewpoints along the way.
744 - From the airport via Saldanha to Marquês de Pombal by Avenida da Liberdade.
783 - From north of the airport, via Avenida da Republica to Marques de Pombal and then on to Amoreiras Shopping Center
91 - Aerobus - Airport<>Cais do Sodré railroad station

Scotturb shuttle: Serves resorts of Estoril or Cascais

Link to LIS airport transportation page

Link to Airports of Portugal web site (including LIS)

Edited 15 Feb 2015 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Transport between Lisbon Airport and Lisbon city centre

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze,Accor.Flightdiary.net/liamvad
Transport between Lisbon Airport and Lisbon city centre

Doing a quick trip to Lisbon soon,on a Sunday,which is the quickest/cheapest way into centre of town??Many thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Cheapest and quickest are not the same.

Assuming this is from the airport, I've found a taxi to be the quickest. I haven't ever opted for the cheapest there so I'll let someone else answer.

There is a train/metro from the airport but I recall it's a long ride, and I'm not sure how close it gets you to your destination.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Metro is not that slow but it runs not the most direct way possible. However it is less that 3 EUR round trip.
Uber will be about 6-8 EUR each way
A taxi 10-12 EUR

My preference is an Uber because service is consistently good. Airport taxis can be hit and miss
Old Jan 30, 2016, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
Metro is not that slow but it runs not the most direct way possible. However it is less that 3 EUR round trip.
Uber will be about 6-8 EUR each way
A taxi 10-12 EUR

My preference is an Uber because service is consistently good. Airport taxis can be hit and miss
I have the Uber app on my phone,can I use that in Portugal?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I find taxis in Lisbon to be quite reasonable. We've always just taken a taxi from the airport for the convenience of it all. Don't want to go out of my way to save 2 or 3 Euros.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by liamvad
Yes - only in Lisbon and Porto
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Uber is an absolute joy to use in Lisbon, and manages to work on fares lower than the regular taxis. Though play it by ear: it's often quick and easy to flag down a taxi in the street, and they are not expensive for short city journeys.

Inevitably, Uber's invasion of the market creates a measure of bad feeling from Lisbon taxi drivers. The airport has been a focus for this, and some Uber drivers avoid airport work; other will try to set you down/pick you up from unobtrusive positions.

So for a visitor who requires taxi-style transport rather than the metro, it's probably simplest to resort to regular taxis for the trip into town.

The advice has always been to go up to the departures floor, and take a taxi from there. This avoids the taxi-mafia in the queue outside arrivals: here the drivers might have been in line for hours, dreaming of a first-time tourist going to to Estoril. If you're a 7 euro fare into town, they just might have a scheme to help you pay more ...
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:09 am
Original Poster

In the end I used the Aerobus,booked and paid online,was 3euros approx RETURN fab value,dropped me right where I wanted to go.....great city too.^
Old Feb 10, 2016, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the end I used the Aerobus,booked and paid online,was 3euros approx RETURN fab value,dropped me right where I wanted to go.....great city too.^
Brilliant!

And even better (potential) value than a return, as I'm guessing you got the EUR3.50, 24H pass, giving unlimited travel on Aerobus.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:42 am

Programs: Miles & More, Amex
Having used bus, subway and taxi, I really don't have a preference as I found all of them to be reliable, cheap (compared to other European cities) and rather quick.

It all comes down to your final destination (e.g proximity to a subway/bus station) and the number of people in your party.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Brilliant!

And even better (potential) value than a return, as I'm guessing you got the EUR3.50, 24H pass, giving unlimited travel on Aerobus.
Yep,24hr pass......very useful.....I wish all cities were like Lisbon for transport to/from airport.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:45 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Added wikipost (top of page) and requested moderators change thread title to current. Feel free to edit / add if you are signed in and have 90 posts / 90 days on FlyerTalk.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 11:53 pm

I have taken 3 Uber rides in Lisbon and all positive experiences so far. The first ride was from the airport to Tivoli for 8.25 Euros. The taxi queue was extremely long, so I decided to try Uber instead, it works out really well. Also, my rides within the downtown area was between 3-5 Euros, GPS was accurate for pickup location.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Does the Aerobus stop at each individual hotel, or just a various locations around the city center? Their website wasn't clear.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swiftaw
Does the Aerobus stop at each individual hotel, or just a various locations around the city center? Their website wasn't clear.
I believe there are regular stops en route: it doesn't do a tour of hotels. But taxi from the airport to the hotel's door should be only around EUR10....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.