Search

Private Car service in Madrid and Barcelona

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Private Car service in Madrid and Barcelona

Hello FT-

Taking my family of 4 on vacation to Madrid and Barcelona in August, first flying into Madrid, then to Barcelona. Any recommendations on car services to hotels? How are the taxis? Could cabs take on 4 large suitcases plus carry on?

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by pdpgps
Taking my family of 4 on vacation to Madrid and Barcelona in August, first flying into Madrid, then to Barcelona. Any recommendations on car services to hotels? How are the taxis? Could cabs take on 4 large suitcases plus carry on?
The average taxi in Barcelona will be too small for this. I'm sure that there are airport services that use a van, but I don't know any of them.
If you think that a Mercedes E-class is big enough, you can call the company that I use: Taxi Class.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Koby. I'll look into the service!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 10:20 am

We just got back and used a car service in both Madrid and Barcelona. I found there to be a real paucity of recommendations for car services in both cities. I found a post, either here or on tripadvisor, with a company called Autos Vilar, and I'm really glad I did and wish I could find it again to reply a thank you. Juan runs the company in Barcelona, and he has an agreement with folks in Madrid. We used them both -- big van for luggage, courteous driver, and he was where he said he would be. We had a significant delay in Madrid because we had to report missing baggage, and the driver waited happily. Obviously, I'm a sample size of only one, but based on my experience, I would recommend autos vilar. The service in most cases was 8 to 10 euro more than a cab would have been, but worth it.

The web site (www.autosvilar.com) is a bit spotty, but the contact information is:

Juan Collado
+34 609 310 267
[email protected]

They respond very quickly to e-mail.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

I ended up using GroundLink http://www.groundlink.com/, based in the US but they offer services around the globe in major cities. Hassle free. Text message when the driver was en route and when the driver was on scene. Price wise around $$-$$$/$$$$.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.