FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Spain/Portugal/Gibraltar (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spain-portugal-gibraltar-713/)
-   -   need advice for Barcelona to Mallorca flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/spain-portugal-gibraltar/1448699-need-advice-barcelona-mallorca-flight.html)

Lumpy Rutherford Mar 16, 2013 3:53 pm

need advice for Barcelona to Mallorca flight

Hi. I'm about to travel to Spain for the first time, and would appreciate any recommendations re the best airline to take from BCN to Mallorca and back to Madrid. Any and all tips appreciated!! Will be going at the end of May.

OrangeDonutTours Mar 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpy Rutherford (Post 20431519)
Hi. I'm about to travel to Spain for the first time, and would appreciate any recommendations re the best airline to take from BCN to Mallorca and back to Madrid. Any and all tips appreciated!! Will be going at the end of May.

Hi Lumpy,

From Barcelona to Mallorca, your best bet is probably Vueling.com. You should be able to find a flight with them for under 40 EUR. You could probably find a cheaper one with Ryanair, but I personally wouldn't recommend them as they take the term "no-frills" to the extreme and their high hidden costs can sometimes make them more expensive than other airlines. Vueling is actually based in Barcelona and I fly with them often and can recommend them as a relatively reliable airline offering good value-for-money.

From Mallorca to Madrid, it's a different story. Since it bypasses Vueling's hub, they won't be a very cheap option. Again, Ryanair will probably be the cheapest, but look into Iberia as they should offer some competitive options on that leg. Alternatively, have a look at Air Europa, I've flown with them before as well and they're quite reasonable.

Skyscanner.net should prove useful in finding the most suitable options for you.

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Aleksandra
Barcelona, Spain
Free Walking Tours of Barcelona

PaxCGN Mar 17, 2013 12:15 pm

also check AB

also check available flights on AB (Air Berlin, member of oneworld).
They should have one flight daily between Palma and Barcelona as well as Madrid. Seems you can only book them separately, possibly not to compete openly with oneworld-partner Iberia on their home turf.
These flights are only add-ons onto AB's flights to Palma from Germany, so rates can be interesting, but onboard-service is rather limited (which is still better than IB or UX or no-frills Vueling).

Flying Bat Aug 12, 2013 11:30 am

Originally Posted by OrangeDonutTours (Post 20431819)
Hi Lumpy,

From Barcelona to Mallorca, your best bet is probably Vueling.com. You should be able to find a flight with them for under 40 EUR. You could probably find a cheaper one with Ryanair, but I personally wouldn't recommend them as they take the term "no-frills" to the extreme and their high hidden costs can sometimes make them more expensive than other airlines. Vueling is actually based in Barcelona and I fly with them often and can recommend them as a relatively reliable airline offering good value-for-money.

From Mallorca to Madrid, it's a different story. Since it bypasses Vueling's hub, they won't be a very cheap option. Again, Ryanair will probably be the cheapest, but look into Iberia as they should offer some competitive options on that leg. Alternatively, have a look at Air Europa, I've flown with them before as well and they're quite reasonable.

Skyscanner.net should prove useful in finding the most suitable options for you.

Hope this helps! :)

Cheers,

Aleksandra
Barcelona, Spain
Free Walking Tours of Barcelona

+1

It's a short hop, Vueling.com are good enough.

chewylouie Aug 12, 2013 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Lumpy Rutherford (Post 20431519)

Koby Aug 13, 2013 2:39 am

Alternatively, you can take a ferry from Barcelona to Palma de Mallorca (and save yourself a night in a hotel): Trasmediterranea. (You can also check Balearia and Iscomar.)

And if you really like (slow) traveling: do Palma de Mallorca to Valencia by ferry, then Valencia to Madrid by high-speed train (www.renfe.es). ;)