Wiki Posts
Search

Making a DL-EasyJet connection in MAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/1k
Unhappy Making a DL-EasyJet connection in MAD

I'm flying from JFK to MAD, in a couple of weeks in business class. I am connecting to a MAD-RAK flight on easyjet (only $55!). EasyJet and DL both operate out of T1, which is nice, but I have some concerns regarding baggage. I will be in Europe for 2-3 weeks, and given Delta's business class restrictions, I'm reasonably sure I'll be able to pack most of what I need into a carry-on-capable bag and my backpack.

I have a few questions:
1. Will I be able to go straight to the EasyJet gate from the DL flight without going through immigration? Will EasyJet allow me to show up at the gate without checking in at the counter?

2. EasyJet's hand baggage restrictions are pretty strict. If they don't let me on the flight with 2 bags, will I be able to check one at the gate? I guess this point is mostly moot if I have to go to the counter to check in since I will need to clear immigration anyway.

Luckily, I am scheduled to have about 2.5 hours between the flights, so as long as I'm not horribly delayed at JFK, I should be OK. I hope.

I'd greatly appreciate any thoughts...
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta Plat
you have to go through immigration
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA/1k
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
you have to go through immigration
even though RAK is in Africa and not the EU?
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by vijayp
even though RAK is in Africa and not the EU?
I think you need to go to EasyJet's check-in desk which forces you to go through immigration.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:14 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
This will depend on Easyjet having a transfer desk. If they do, since you don't have to retrieve any luggage, you can go through the Transit concourse. You willl need to stop by the Easyjet Transfer Desk in order to check-in airside and then proceed to security. I would call Easyjet just to make sure they have a transfer desk in Madrid; if not, since Easyjet suspended OLCI and you need to see an agent in order to get a bp, you will need to go through immigration and check-in at the regular counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.