Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Please join me in welcoming southwestgabe (and the rest of the team!) aboard!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 7:37 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

According to his FT profile page, brand new member (just joined today!) southwestgabe is:
here to answer questions/concerns regarding Southwest Airlines Customer Relations
I'm liking the sound of that! ^

In the space of three posts on his first day here, southwestgabe has offered to solve Customer Service issues for five FT members. :-:

How's that for making a splash?!

For a photo and a bit more info about southwestgabe, visit his bio page on blogsouthwest.com.

Good move by SWA bringing someone from customer relations here to FT, ^ and early indications are that they found the right man for the job! ^^

Last edited by ftnoob; Jun 29, 2011 at 9:51 pm
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Welcome Gabe!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 8:41 pm

Welcome! Hope the flame suit is on, there are a number of folks unhappy about some transitions going on! But we welcome your input and perspective!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Welcome aboard, Gabe! Best of luck for your contribution on aviation-related forum.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:58 am

Thumbs up

He is an Oklahoma State University man. He will be able to get things done!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:05 pm
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: SWA Customer Relations
Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to helping out on Customer Relations/Rapid Rewards related issues as I know it can be difficult getting through on the phone...

(As a side note, I noticed I've reached my limit of private messages I can send within a 24hr period so if I haven't responded yet, I will as soon as I can!)
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by southwestgabe
(As a side note, I noticed I've reached my limit of private messages I can send within a 24hr period so if I haven't responded yet, I will as soon as I can!)
Not any more! We're delighted to have you here, and have given you the status of company representative. This comes with an increased PM box of 2500. Thank you so much for registering to help your customers.

(And thanks to ftnoob who drew my attention here.)
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:40 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Can you help?

Originally Posted by southwestgabe
Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to helping out on Customer Relations/Rapid Rewards related issues as I know it can be difficult getting through on the phone...

As an A-List Preferred with a CP, my hot button right now is getting the bonus points I've earned and not received from Alamo! Numerous others on this board have the same issue.

Thanks, and welcome!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 7:43 pm

Programs: WN A-List, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Not any more! We're delighted to have you here, and have given you the status of company representative. This comes with an increased PM box of 2500. Thank you so much for registering to help your customers.

(And thanks to ftnoob who drew my attention here.)
And I'm sure Gabe is extremely happy with that rapid reward!

Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:08 pm

Programs: WN CP
Welcome, southwestgabe!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi, southwestgabe. Welcome aboard!
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:15 pm

Welcome southwestgabe. Always nice to have a "go to" guy!
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:12 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

I guess I'm going to have to change the title on this thread!

Originally Posted by SWABrian
Looks like many of you have met SWAGabe, and he has four other colleagues from Customer Relations who will be mingling with you.

...you probably will be hearing from the other folks on this new team, SWARob, SWAVerity, SWAWhitney, and their Leader, SWACatherine. They may come up with different handles, so don't hold me to those specific screen names.
This is fantastic news for all the diehards on FT! It's cool, I guess, that SWA has been on the cutting edge with the facebook and twitter social media phenomenon, but it has left all the dinosaurs here on FT feeling pretty neglected.

I have to wonder, however, whether SWA considered taking an approach like Marriott does. Rather than have a bunch of official reps, MR uses a shared FT handle, Marriott Concierge. Several different employees can log in with that handle to post official company responses. That seems to have advantages for both the company and FT members. For example FT members can PM a single address instead of four or five. And four or five company employees should (in theory, at least) avoid duplicating each others' efforts to respond to a query and/or avoid an exchange of messages among themselves asking questions like "Did you/will you take care of FT007's issue?" Also, as turnover occurs either in the customer relations department or on the team assigned to FT, nobody needs to unlearn old contact info or learn new contact info.

My recollection is that the various employees who post using the MC handle "sign" their posts with their first names, thus allowing both FTers and the team members to know who wrote what.

I think at least one or two other companies here on FT use a similar approach, but I rarely venture beyond the friendly confines of the 501,
so I'm not 100% sure on that point.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, the FT software is not exactly awesome for tracking submitted issue status, but the PM status icons (e.g., and and the ability to move PMs into folders should be of some use. And of course for public posts it is easy to determine whether an answer has been posted via the shared handle, and much more time consuming to determine whether any of four or five handles have replied (unless the handles all adhere to a pattern like SWA fName).
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:03 pm

A warm welcome to you, Southwestgabe.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 12:48 pm

IT issues no 1 problem

Welcome SWA Gabe! You are a brave person.

Let me start with the first question, when will SWA have
a new booking system? It seems like a high majority
of frustration is IT related. Any time frame?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.