Community
Wiki Posts
Search

list of WN website bugs/issues

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2011, 9:24 am
Original Poster

list of WN website bugs/issues

Don't think there is a thread covering bugs folks are running into, so I'll start one. I think this is different topic than the thread covering how to navigate and utilize the new RR 2.0 website...

Anyway, as of yesterday, I'm unable to cancel a car reservation I made via the WN site. CS apparently knows about the problem but it hasn't been fixed nor is the issue affecting every rental car cancellation attempt. Basically, you click the cancellation link and the screen goes gray with a little black dot in the middle. This happens on FF 4 and IE 9.

Also, the problem using the WN-advertised special for Alamo car rentals still exists. For example, if you book an SUV with no promo for a week in July out of LAX, the base cost is $395. If you apply the promo, the rate goes up to $2,400! Now, this might be bad data they are getting from Alamo, but the problem has existed now for several weeks.

INDEX for issues:

1. Unable to cancel car reservation on the WN website that was booked on the WN website
STATUS: Appears to be fixed - I am able to cancel reservations now.

2. Jacked up Alamo rates when using specials on southwest.com

3. Mysterious 'Oops' bug that can cause duplicate bookings if your resubmit purchase
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16455350-post2.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16583246-post35.html

4. Canceling an unaccompanied minor ticket cancels the companion pass PNR associated with minor ticket
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16457206-post3.html

5. Fare pricing is not included for upcoming trips listed in your RR account
STATUS: Ongoing. Unknown if this is a technical problem or a marketing decision.

6. Trying to book reward fare with points results in fare higher being offered than actually quoted
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-wga-fare.html

7. When trying to book RR 1.0 SA award travel, sold-out flights are not listed at all
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16587635-post43.html

8. The modify search fields and "links" (e.g., Add another flight, and Additional Search Options (case style variation: sic)) on the fare quote / select flight page don't work at all
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16588343-post44.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16588626-post48.html

9. When purchasing a ticket for an UM, when you are returned to the purchase screen after having inputted an adult companion PNR, your credit card info is wiped and you must reinput. Don't know if this happens if you elect to pay the $50 UM fee.

Last edited by texashoser; Jun 7, 2012 at 2:21 pm Reason: added an index for problems
Old May 26, 2011, 1:12 pm

the most serious i've encountered, twice now, once in early april and again just two days ago, is the "oops- unable to complete your reservation due to an undefined error", after inputing my payment info, yet when i check my e-mail, i have a confirm number.
the first time it happened i actually did end up double booked. i cancelled one and took a refund. the refund took just under two weeks to get back to me. fortunately, i had enough extra funds in my bank account to absorb the double cost of the booking and continue to live while awaiting my refund. i used a debit card.
the last instance, i would have had to beg and borrow to survive while awaiting the return of my money, so when i got the oops! message i thought i better check my e-mail and sure enough.....
so i call the 1-800 number and the person on the other end tells me this has been happening for months now. i was shocked, how many people out there are being unknowingly "burned" for two (or more?) reservations and then having to survive through the generousity of family, friends, or the local pawn shop while awaiting thier money back? how long has this been happening? i know of at least 5 weeks, the person at the 1-800 number used the word "months"....
Old May 26, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
erroneously cancels CP PRN

Book a family trip and add a CP reservation. Now cancel a kid's PRN for this trip. Upon canceling the kid's reservation, the software discovers that there is a CP reservation and decides to cancel the CP reservation too, notwithstanding that the pax who earned the CP in the first place is still flying the agenda. Had this happen to me twice. Fortunately, the fix is to just rebook the CP. Still highly annoying and very bad programming from the SW web wienies.
Old May 26, 2011, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by johnslloyd
Book a family trip and add a CP reservation. Now cancel a kid's PRN for this trip. Upon canceling the kid's reservation, the software discovers that there is a CP reservation and decides to cancel the CP reservation too, notwithstanding that the pax who earned the CP in the first place is still flying the agenda. Had this happen to me twice. Fortunately, the fix is to just rebook the CP. Still highly annoying and very bad programming from the SW web wienies.
This actually happened to me over a month ago. The issue still isn't fixed? There is some serious asshattery going on in the web ops department at WN...
Old May 26, 2011, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Wrong CP !

My co-worker rebooks a flight and buys a Companion ticket. I am the companion on his CP.

The CP ticket is issued in my sisters name. My sister is the companion on my CP.

I also get SWA mail for my co-worker and his wife at my residence. I even get his drink tickets.

SWA's systems are really FUBAR !

How did SWA become so bad so fast
Old May 27, 2011, 12:26 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
#1--> Login to do some business. Then log out or get timed out. Then try to get a boarding pass..."oops" .... you MUST log in again, even to use the general boarding pass screen.

#2 --> you can only use the "future flights" screen for the main booking OR for the companion pass when getting boarding passes. Once one is used, the other hyperlink becomes inactive and you must manually enter the booking number and names to get boarding pass issued.

#3--> type "LAX" into the booking engine and you must wait a second until "LAX-Los Angeles International" appears, then click on it. If you don't wait, you will likely get Austin as your selection.

#4--> no easy way to book multiple passengers using rapid rewards

#5--> no easy way to see the entire route of a given flight number

#6--> when using drop-down calendar during booking, if you scroll the whole page down (to see the bottom of the calendar), sometimes the calendar disappears and must be re-clicked

#7--> site violates the "4 second" rule when loading the homepage. Can take 6-8 seconds to load all the ads and stuff.

#8--> must wait until all the ads load before entering your RR # and password. Otherwise, you must reenter everything.

There are so many more minor irritations. I cringe every time I have to use the Southwest site...and it was not that way in the past.
Old May 29, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: status-less.
If you have a reservation for you plus one for your Companion, and you use 'change reservation' to modify yours, the Companion reservation disappears. It's still in the system if you wrote down the PNR, and if your Companion has a Rapid Rewards account the reservation now magically appears in the Companion's account. But, either way, the Companion reservation cannot be changed on-line and requires a phone call to fix.
Old May 29, 2011, 12:18 pm

The "remember me" login button remembers nothing.
Old May 29, 2011, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jtaft
If you have a reservation for you plus one for your Companion, and you use 'change reservation' to modify yours, the Companion reservation disappears. It's still in the system if you wrote down the PNR, and if your Companion has a Rapid Rewards account the reservation now magically appears in the Companion's account. But, either way, the Companion reservation cannot be changed on-line and requires a phone call to fix.
What you if you simply try to cancel the companion PNR and readd it to the new, modified master PNR?
Old May 29, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by dlaue
That bugs me to no end. Clearly, if they put that button there, the plan was to enable cookies to remember you. Pretty simple, basic programming to enable those cookies.

You can get your browser to remember your ID and password.
Old May 29, 2011, 6:40 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Actually it worked: You remembered it.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA (American Airlines Platinum), WN (Southwest Rapid Reward A-list)
Can believe they want to be this friendly with their IT

I have faced numerous problems with their website and the people on the phone who have NO clue what customers are going though.

I have even had a "super-friendly old lady" who thought i was new to internet and computer (when i mentioned there was some "bug" in their "system") and offered to help me on using my computer.

Question to southwest - do you want to be friendly to your IT dept or to customers?
Old May 30, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA (American Airlines Platinum), WN (Southwest Rapid Reward A-list)
They must be giving you some consultation fee or part-time position in their IT dept.

#1--> Login to do some business. Then log out or get timed out. Then try to get a boarding pass..."oops" .... you MUST log in again, even to use the general boarding pass screen.

#2 --> you can only use the "future flights" screen for the main booking OR for the companion pass when getting boarding passes. Once one is used, the other hyperlink becomes inactive and you must manually enter the booking number and names to get boarding pass issued.

#3--> type "LAX" into the booking engine and you must wait a second until "LAX-Los Angeles International" appears, then click on it. If you don't wait, you will likely get Austin as your selection.

#4--> no easy way to book multiple passengers using rapid rewards

#5--> no easy way to see the entire route of a given flight number

#6--> when using drop-down calendar during booking, if you scroll the whole page down (to see the bottom of the calendar), sometimes the calendar disappears and must be re-clicked

#7--> site violates the "4 second" rule when loading the homepage. Can take 6-8 seconds to load all the ads and stuff.

#8--> must wait until all the ads load before entering your RR # and password. Otherwise, you must reenter everything.

There are so many more minor irritations. I cringe every time I have to use the Southwest site...and it was not that way in the past.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, IHG Status-of-the-Day, Avis First. **Freedom fighter: One grope at a time.**
When I click on the "book CP" link, it takes me to a reservation page that says I'm my own companion. So, the last four flights I've booked for my CP I've had to call the SW customer service rep.
Old May 30, 2011, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by arun_bit
They must be giving you some consultation fee or part-time position in their IT dept.

No. I am a retired manager and would love for the management of WN to spend just a few hours watching me try to use their awful website. No extra charge for the colorful language it elicits.

If I were in charge of WN, I would insist that the time-out be eliminated by July 1st of this year (and I would trumpet this fact, once accomplished, on a Ding blast). Then, I would target the molasses-slow loading and response of the main booking engine. Probably would want that fixed by Q4.

This will probably take more $$ resources and a senior IT staff which you could trust to give you honest estimates of the cost. (sometimes, however, the IT management & staff forget who is the dog and who is the tail, so you have to be vigilent).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.