Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

RR Visa Signup Offers (variations from standard)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RR Visa Signup Offers (variations from standard)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:39 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
If you aren't fishing for a retention bonus, it's quicker and easier to cancel any card by sending a secure online message. You don't get any sales pitch that way.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:35 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

Targeted: 50,000 points for $69 ("Plus") RR Visa

Snail mail offer for 50,000 points signup bonus for the $69 Plus card. Offer expires 30-Aug-2011. My wife and I each received the offer.

As with the first post in this thread, the offer is inferior to the current offer for the Premier card. The $30 higher annual fee on Premier is more than offset by the extra $50 worth of points (6,000 versus 3,000) paid at the end of the first year.

ETA: Interesting side note: there is a new domain, rapidrewardscard.com that redirects to a page on applynowdc1.chase.com where you enter your invitation code, ZIP code, and last name.

Last edited by ftnoob; Jul 15, 2011 at 6:38 pm Reason: As noted
Old Sep 28, 2011, 4:39 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
SWA RR Plus - 50,000 bonus points

Just received this thru snail mail

SWA RR Plus - 50,000 bonus points

3,000 anniversary points

$69 annual fee

Call 800-547-2078
Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:35 pm

Look in this forum for 50,000 points and 6000 points each anniversary.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:48 pm

I think wine_lover didn't put in a link but http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...us-points.html is probably the one.

I recommend the $99 one since it becomes a wash for the 6000 points as opposed to 3000 points and paying $69.
6000 =~ $100
Of course point values can change but in the meantime it looks good!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:03 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
I got the SWA BUS for the 50K. I am going to cancel the old standard and try to get in on another good promotion next year for the standard. I can find nowhere in terms and conditions and application about non-eligibility of past card holders or the length of time that is required. What has been the experience here? Is there somewhere this info is posted?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: A-List Preferred, Companion Pass
Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
I got the SWA BUS for the 50K. I am going to cancel the old standard and try to get in on another good promotion next year for the standard. I can find nowhere in terms and conditions and application about non-eligibility of past card holders or the length of time that is required. What has been the experience here? Is there somewhere this info is posted?
I've spent some time on the phone with the chase poeple and apparently they claim its a once in a lifetime benefit. Once you have gotten the SWA sign on bonus, you never get again.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by bward76
I've spent some time on the phone with the chase poeple and apparently they claim its a once in a lifetime benefit. Once you have gotten the SWA sign on bonus, you never get again.
That happened to me with their United card. I had a United card years ago and applied again. They approved the new card and then denied the bonus three weeks later. I canceled the card immediately.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:47 pm

They are simply lying to you. There are many of us who have churned WN Chase VISA cards and have received multiple sign-on bonuses. Not sure what the down-time needs to be - possibly 90 or 180 days - but you will indeed receive the bonus again.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
a year

Originally Posted by smmrfld
Not sure what the down-time needs to be - possibly 90 or 180 days - but you will indeed receive the bonus again.
I think a year is more like it. This is one of those things that's hard to pin down. If you try to early, and are refused, it starts the clock again. Seriously, I'd wait at least a year from cancelling old card and applying again.
Chase is one of the banks that is more strict about this then others.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 6:56 am

how long did it take for the pt's to post after you made the 1st purchase and paid the bill?
Old Oct 3, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by bernyx
how long did it take for the pt's to post after you made the 1st purchase and paid the bill?
From my experience, the points posted when the bill was generated, before I made any payment. I also called to change my bill date to be earlier, the Customer Service rep reported that it wouldn't speed up the bonus points, but they were wrong.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by ftnoob
Targeted: 30,000 points for $69 RR Visa
Received an Email from [email protected] with the subject "NEW! Get $500 toward Air Fare with 30,000 Points!" There is an invitation code and the luv.southwest.com clickable link redirects to a chase URL that includes my last name and ZIP code, so it is clearly targeted.

The offer doesn't make much sense, though, unless I don't want to keep the card for 12 months. Compared to the Premier card, I save $30 on the annual fee upfront, but lose out on an extra $50 worth of anniversary points, and have no chance of earning any TQP.
My Mom just got a 50K point offer in the mail with a $69 annual fee. I told her to send in the app. It has an Invitation Number & an Offer Code. The Offer Code is NC3 if anyone wants to call and see if they can use it. YMMV. 1-888-677-5695.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 2:02 pm

Thumbs up Its Back!!! Two FREE Flights on Southwest - After First Purchase: Sothwest Card -

Awesome deal - not sure how long it will be available. Found it while searching the web. Link from this site to apply for the card.

http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...src=sta_prompt

Last edited by ftnoob; Oct 17, 2011 at 5:04 pm Reason: Fix link
Old Oct 17, 2011, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
50K point deal seems to be alive again. Saw this link on FatWallet:
http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/so...UUvp4zg&pvid=f

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.