Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official Rapid Rewards Availability Check Request Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ftnoob
This thread was closed due to obsolescence. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...-searches.html

It was mistakenly re-opened September 2015 due to a false rumor that Southwest had eliminated the "open to all" award search functionality in a website overhaul.

It was closed again on 27-Oct-2015 due to its continued obsolescence. Please use this URL for Award availability searches, and bookmark the URL in case you need it again in the future.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:15 am
Original Poster

I was hoping a kind soul could help me with a quick request. I have one RR r/t award in my account, but have already reserved for an upcoming itinerary. Therefore the website will not let me check on other award avail.

I have a trip to take from MDW-LGA (one way) on either 2/19 or 2/20 and was thinking about switching one-way of my award to this.
Could someone check if any flights are available on 2/19 or 2/20? (only for 1 pax).

Much appreciated!
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by ramblers63
I was hoping a kind soul could help me with a quick request. I have one RR r/t award in my account, but have already reserved for an upcoming itinerary. Therefore the website will not let me check on other award avail.
Is this true? I thought (but could be mistaken) that one could attempt to change the already ticketed itinerary, even with different city pairs and dates; and that that would show RR availability.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:21 am

there are no standard award seats available for 2/19, but on 2/20 2 flights have standard award seat available; flights 1349 at 8:10 and 3591 at 9:45
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:25 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hub-captive
Is this true? I thought (but could be mistaken) that one could attempt to change the already ticketed itinerary, even with different city pairs and dates; and that that would show RR availability.
As hub-captive points out, you can simply go through the Change Itinerary function to check availability.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Beckles
As hub-captive points out, you can simply go through the Change Itinerary function to check availability.
For some reason my award trip is not showing in my "upcoming trips" section. I believe this is because I booked the original award over the phone.

I wonder if there is just error on mine, or if phone bookings are never shown online.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cepmom
there are no standard award seats available for 2/19, but on 2/20 2 flights have standard award seat available; flights 1349 at 8:10 and 3591 at 9:45
Very helpful - thanks so much for the quick reply.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:04 pm

Programs: WN A+/CP, UA1K, AA PP; Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Plat; National EE
Originally Posted by ramblers63
Very helpful - thanks so much for the quick reply.
Also, if you really need to fly out on the 19th and can leave early afternoon, there is availability for MDW-BWI on Flt 115 depart 1:25 pm, arrive 4:10 pm and then BWI-LGA on Flt 209 depart 5:10 pm, arrive 6:10 pm. Of course, you have to pay an extra $2.50 but it's at least an option on that Friday.

On the 20th, better to take the morning direct ones - going through BWI doesn't get you into LGA until 7:50 pm.

Last edited by honey4life12; Feb 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm Reason: confusion
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:41 pm

Would anyone mind checking MCO to ISP April 1st. Last flight out. Any award opening availability?
Thanks you guys are great.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I have plenty of awards available and the web site won't let me check on availability.

It seems that we will again have to slog through a huge number of web site glitches and have the phones tied up.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by thefixs2
Would anyone mind checking MCO to ISP April 1st. Last flight out. Any award opening availability?
Thanks you guys are great.
no standard award seats available, only freedom award.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Lightbulb "Public Service: Help with checking RR Award availability"

For all the old and new reasons, and they are manifold and strong, I believe that this thread, or one like it, should be made an open sticky. It's an area where FlyerTalk could be a great help in the role and way it serves best.

"Public Service: Help with checking RR Award availability"

Anyone else?

@:-)
Old Feb 13, 2010, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by lougord99
I have plenty of awards available and the web site won't let me check on availability.

It seems that we will again have to slog through a huge number of web site glitches and have the phones tied up.
Originally Posted by cepmom
no standard award seats available, only freedom award.
Thank you very much!^

Originally Posted by Firewind
For all the old and new reasons, and they are manifold and strong, I believe that this thread, or one like it, should be made an open sticky. It's an area where FlyerTalk could be a great help in the role and way it serves best.

"Public Service: Help with checking RR Award availability"

Anyone else?

@:-)
Wonderful.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
I agree this should be a sticky as it was a reason I came out here.. then I used the trick to mock change an already booked award to see if seats were available. But for those who don't have any, the fact that WN doesn't let you see what seats are available is kinda lame, since pretty much every other airline does (including big bad ones like USAirways *)

* Former USAirways top tier elite
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: WN CP
Excellent suggestion, Firewind and pitflyer. This is now the official RR availability thread.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:34 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Smile Superb

^^^^^

Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.