Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official "Tips on Re-using Ticketless Travel Funds" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official "Tips on Re-using Ticketless Travel Funds" thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
Wow, that's a good thought, and one I hadn't thought of. And apparently it happened! I changed the itinerary about 25 hours before the originally scheduled flight, but with processing time, I might have missed the window. I do know I cancelled before I could have printed a boarding pass, but may have just missed the 25-hour point.

But here's the curious thing: My new itinerary (on the same conf. code) shows EBCI on the RETURN flight, not the departing flight (both dates are more than a month away). Thanks for your help!
The departure was less than 25 hrs, but the return was outside the 25 hr window, so EBCI got transferred to that reservation.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thank you, nsx, for this excellent description. I booked a flight yesterday and was frustrated because I wanted to apply a TTF first and then half of a uTTt with a later expiry date. I just gave up...I will eventually consume all of the funds with plenty of time to spare...but it's nice to see this as an option.

Only question: has anything in your above approach changed since 2010, other than the limitation to 2 TTFs per transaction instead of 4? Seems like TTF's keep getting harder and harder to use.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 3:23 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by pinniped
other than the limitation to 2 TTFs per transaction instead of 4?
That limitation is only for wholly unused tickets. You can still use 4 partially used TTF's.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pinniped
Seems like TTF's keep getting harder and harder to use.
Boy are they. After following all the tricks given in this thread I was still getting an "unknown error" trying to book online with TTFs. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with a very nice agent. We eventually figured out that one of the TTFs was in my wife's name and the other used the identical name but with "MD" on the end, so they couldn't be used together. They are that strict about names matching. Seriously?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:28 pm

Bump with a noob question. I think I have funds left over on a flight when I took advantage of a price drop. Hey, one step at a time, I'm setting up a spreadsheet next, honest.

How does one find 'record locator' if I know my flight confirmation # to see what funds I have? TIA.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by SWcrester
Bump with a noob question. I think I have funds left over on a flight when I took advantage of a price drop. Hey, one step at a time, I'm setting up a spreadsheet next, honest.

How does one find 'record locator' if I know my flight confirmation # to see what funds I have? TIA.
'record locator' == confirmation #

SW calls it mostly confirmation #
some use 'record locator'
same thing
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:08 pm

I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. From SW's main page, where do I go, with my confirm/record # copied and ready to paste, to find out what funds I have?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Upper right, click on 'travel tools'. Then click on 'travel fund balance'. Be prepared to type in the squiggly words.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SWcrester
I'm sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. From SW's main page, where do I go, with my confirm/record # copied and ready to paste, to find out what funds I have?
From the main page at southwest.com choose Travel Tools right under the search box at the top right. From the drop down choose Travel Fund Balance.

lougord99 beat me!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:17 pm

That worked! You guys are the BEST. I can't tell you how much I have learned about SW from this forum, and I have passed on the info to other friends as well!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: WN A-List
Don't cancel a reservation after buying EBCI to apply ticketless travel funds. The EBCI is non-refundable and WN will not budge and (re)apply it to your new reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.