FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Reservations line call back model - new? (Virtual Hold) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/966818-reservations-line-call-back-model-new-virtual-hold.html)

aCavalierInCoach Jun 20, 2009 10:46 am

Reservations line call back model - new? (Virtual Hold)

Just called to change a reservation that I couldn't tweak online and was told I could enter my phone number and receive a call back within 30 minutes.

It would be nicer not to wait, but this is definitely preferable to sitting on hold. ^ ^

maracle Jun 20, 2009 11:17 pm

It's been in place for a couple months at least. Anecdotally, it seems to me that before you had a good chance to get someone on the line immediately when you called. Now there is always a 5-10 minute hold time. But the call back feature works nicely so I don't really mind. Occasionally it's useful to be able to make a reservation immediately...say you're reworking your travel plans on the fly and waiting even 5 minutes makes it difficult to finalize. Perhaps this is an opportunity to add a special number for a-list?

curbcrusher Jun 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by maracle (Post 11942588)
Perhaps this is an opportunity to add a special number for a-list?

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php...lite_number.3F

:)

More information about WN's implementation of Virtual Hold Technology technologies is available here.

maracle Jul 9, 2009 7:39 pm

No "call back" option?

I kind of like the new option you get when you call in to leave a callback number and have Southwest call you when you're up to the front of the queue to talk to an agent.

But, for whatever reason it sometimes isn't offered...I'm now on an estimated 31 minute hold for an agent with no option for a callback. I'm not sure if my phone will even last that long before the battery dies.

The hold times have skyrocketed lately and without the callback option they become a pretty frustrating customer service experience...

Has anyone figured out what circumstances result in the callback option vs it not being offered?

curbcrusher Jul 10, 2009 7:20 am

According to wuds, Virtual Hold is unavailable during an unknown period each night. Perhaps this is why you were not provided the option yesterday evening?

maracle Jul 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Yes, that would make sense. I actually got disconnected after about 25 minutes and when I called back it offered me the virtual hold option. So maybe it was just getting maintenance at that moment or something.

And thanks for the tip on the Rapid Rewards priority number...I just had the IFLYSWA version programmed into my phone. I tested it just now and there was a 7-11 minute hold time for the IFLYSWA number and no hold time for the RR priority number. That should be a big help in the future! ^

j3823x Jul 15, 2009 7:54 pm

I have used the callback feature a couple of times already and it has been nice. However, I do wonder if this is a way to reduce manpower and effectively lengthen the hold time; its easier for people to bear a longer hold time if they're not actually holding the phone.

wuds Jul 16, 2009 7:44 am

:eek:

Firewind Oct 23, 2009 1:40 pm

"We'll call you back" function

After complimenting it on another board, I thought I'd come here to the "right" one to comment. I encountered the "We'll call you back" function for the first time, the other night. (Tough time booking a Rapid Reward.) This is the modern, civil way that considerate business handles waiting line theory... Bravo, Southwest!

Worked for me. ("8-13 minutes" and I was called at eight.) I learned, after putting it through its paces, that they'll call you back three times if you don't answer, identifying themselves each time.

The tradeoff, IMO, is that this was the first time I've EVER had a wait with IFLYSWA.

How is it working for you?

lougord99 Oct 23, 2009 4:23 pm

The wait that you didn't experience before is increased because of all the problems with the new web site.

nsx Oct 23, 2009 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind (Post 12698093)
The tradeoff, IMO, is that this was the first time I've EVER had a wait with IFLYSWA.

You should be calling 800 248-4377.

hphizz Oct 24, 2009 9:17 pm

I have used the call back quite a few times yet and I really like it. Plus they have called back almost exactly when they said they would.

Firewind Oct 25, 2009 4:18 am

lougord99 and nsx, you're both right. First time I've called, or thought I needed to, in many months.

freeflyin Jan 8, 2010 7:57 am

I used this feature two days ago and never got a call back.The hold time was 18-23 minutes at the time and I waited 2 hours before giving up. I also emailed WN the same evening and never got a response.

Maybe this was a fluke,but since this is the first time I've used this,I am not impressed.