New schedule creates problems for me..

Old Apr 14, 2009, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List, CP, Hertz Gold, Mich Season Tkt, HH Diamond
New schedule creates problems for me..

Hello all!

I fly from BWI to DTW almost every saturday in the fall for my treasured Michigan Football games.

WN cut a flight out of it's schedule with the new calendar being released today.

It makes it so that I'll have to use NWA on most of my flights (I travel in and out on the same day.)

It looks like I could fly from DTW to MDW and then to BWI and get a flight that works for me as it leaves at 5pm. (although substantially longer)

Will southwest custom build this flight at the DTW to BWI fare? Or do I have to custom make it leg by leg?
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:19 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
Talking

Originally Posted by NeilGoBlue
Hello all!

I fly from BWI to DTW almost every saturday in the fall for my treasured Michigan Football games.
why would you want to do something as foolish as that?

go bucks!

ps-watch out for delaware state
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:29 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

The short form official answer to the generic version of your question currently reads "you can try and sometimes it works." Step by step instructions are contained in the long answer to your question (also at the posted link).

Update: OK, I had a chance to look at it; thinking it through is slow for this currently sleep deficient non-caffeinated non-morning person. Using the Anytime fare method of testing valid custom connections described in the Wiki FAQ, the fares do not merge. The likely reason is excessive bactracking. There may be some other options, but I can't look at that right now.

Update two: Ironically enough, the only way to fly DTW-PHL on WN is via MDW. DTW-MDW-PHL is even more backtracking than DTW-MDW-BWI. The one Saturday that I checked, NWA's lowest fare was available one way for the evening return. So you could fly WN outbound and NW return.

Last edited by ftnoob; Apr 14, 2009 at 9:50 am Reason: as noted.
Old Apr 14, 2009, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A List, CP, Hertz Gold, Mich Season Tkt, HH Diamond
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.