Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wi-Fi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Second, but who bothers to count when you're busy WiFi'in' while defying gravity.
Yes, well, some of us might be airline people who also be musical fans who have a particular attachment to a Wicked song that is quite appropriate. But I guess it would take somebody who was also seeing my updates on Twitter to catch that

---
The opinions expressed here are solely my own and are not representative of Southwest Airlines Co., its Officers, Directors, or Employees.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Is there still time for one of the Insiders who knows who luvflyingswa is to send one up? It'll be interesting to see how that works, too.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:45 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, WorldPerks
So does this mean Wi-Fi is now on N901WN and N902WN?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:53 am
OCF

I too have been using the new Wi-Fi on N902 currently in route to San Diego. I have been checking my corporate email through a VPN connection and have been surfing the internet with a great response time. I was even able to watch a few tv shows online and it has helped pass the time.

An awesome experience and can't wait to use this technology on all my future flights once we roll this out to our entire fleet.

---
The opinions expressed here are solely my own and are not representative of Southwest Airlines Co., its Officers, Directors, or Employees.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:57 am

Programs: WN CP
Holy smokes. All of the lurking Employees are coming out of the woodwork. Who's next? Christi?

Welcome to FlyerTalk, OCF!

I think the answer to your question is yes, dwebb.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:01 pm

And now we know the ISP for the service is HughesNet nee DirecWay.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:02 pm

Holy smokes. All of the lurking Employees are coming out of the woodwork. Who's next? Christi?
I think there are a lot of us on the plane, a bunch of Marketing is heading to San Diego for a meeting, I just didn't realize that so many of us were also watching FlyerTalk. Unfortunately, I think SWAVictor was on another flight so he missed out...
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by luvflyingswa
I just didn't realize that so many of us were also watching FlyerTalk.
No idea about watching, but there are many of you registered.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
And you said above that Mr. Kelly is on the maiden run, and he's performing great, too?

Originally Posted by luvflyingswa
I think there are a lot of us on the plane, a bunch of Marketing is heading to San Diego for a meeting, I just didn't realize that so many of us were also watching FlyerTalk. Unfortunately, I think SWAVictor was on another flight so he missed out...
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:28 pm

Darn, I got scooped! I should have known Luvflyingswa would have posted first

Despite everyone watching videos, the speed on here has been great! What a great surprise to get to be on this plane this morning! I also love the seatback card with the directions to connect. My seatmate had some trouble initially, but the card walked her right through the process!

Originally Posted by dwebb
So does this mean Wi-Fi is now on N901WN and N902WN?
And yes, 901 and 902 both have the radome and the service!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 12:37 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk, bearflyer!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, WorldPerks
Is it just me or is the hump more profound than other satcom antennas?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by dwebb
Is it just me or is the hump more profound than other satcom antennas?
My LUV my LUV my LUV my LUV
You LUV my WiFi lump
My hump my hump my hump
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:17 pm

My LUV my LUV my LUV my LUV
You LUV my WiFi lump
My hump my hump my hump
Profound indeed...
Old Feb 10, 2009, 1:20 pm

Exclamation Please, oh please, say there aren't phones

Mr. Hawkins says over on Blogsouthwest that there are phones... Wasn't the stake driven into that idea at least for the foreseeable future?

Please say it ain't true! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.