Southwest Celebrity Sightings

Old Jul 17, 2005, 6:43 pm

Programs: Companion Pass Holder 9 years, Hertz #1 Gold
I once saw Rich Little on a flight from Reno to Las Vegas. Nice guy.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by s98swim
I thought it strange that he would be on SWA (aka sky greyhound).
Wow, I'm sure glad you don't fly Southwest! Sitting next to someone who thinks they are better than life itself sure can get irritating.

I saw Nicole Richie in LAX when I was heading back home. I can't remember where she was going, but I think it might have been LAS. I guess she is saving money for her drug problem. Which is actually a sad thing.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:48 pm

Programs: Amex MR, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, WN and Hertz
I saw the designer guy from Home Makeover.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
I sat next to Rex Huddler of the CA Angels once. Right before he had a little trouble with some type of substance. He was a nice guy. Very open to fans, and talking about baseball.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 10:42 pm
cxn

Originally Posted by abqsunport
Wow, I'm sure glad you don't fly Southwest! Sitting next to someone who thinks they are better than life itself sure can get irritating.

I saw Nicole Richie in LAX when I was heading back home. I can't remember where she was going, but I think it might have been LAS. I guess she is saving money for her drug problem. Which is actually a sad thing.
Maybe she was going to see her ex-friend Paris who has Southwest in her address book: http://www.telegravin.nl/telegravin%20foto8.htm
Old Jul 25, 2005, 2:25 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
In this months "LUV Lines" employee magazine there are photos of employees with Paula Abdul, Lars Ulrich (Matellica Drummer), John Stamos & William Hung.

A couple months ago I sat right behind Heisman Trophy winner Billy Sims.

My dad saw Nolan Ryan all the time at HOU when he worked for Southwest.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:18 am

Programs: United 1K
Celebrity sightings on Southwest Airlines

Curious to what celebrities fly Southwest Airlines. I saw Bill Walton (the former basketball player) on my flight and he was very lucky to get the bulkhead.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:11 am

Programs: WN CP, NW Silver, HH Diamond, PC Plat, Hertz Gold
A few weekends ago, my wife and I saw Gianni Russo. He pre-boarded at LAX and was continuing on to Reno. He sat at the very front eating trail mix and was wearing black loafers with no socks (had an ugly tattoo on his front, left foot). Basically, he was wearing this outfit. We were through passengers when he boarded, but one of the other passengers said the he was receiving special treatment at the gate. We spent the whole flight trying to figure out who he was (we're young-uns and don't know some of the older celebrities). My wife happened to see him on tv later that week. Mystery solved!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:04 am

Last summer we saw Jesse Jackson checking in with the SW skycap. We were checking in at the same time and he was very polite to us. He posed for a picture with my daughter. This was at Logan Airport. As far as i could see he only had family with him. He did have an earpiece on and something in his hand. It could of been something as simple as a cell phone but it didn't quite look like that. I wonder where his body gaurd was?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:25 am

Programs: WN CP
Not every high profile person has a bodyguard. Former DHS Secretary Tom Ridge was on my UA flight last week from IAD-PHX. He was rolling solo.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Mephisto101
This was at Logan Airport.
SWA flies out of Boston now? That's news to me.........
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
SWA flies out of Boston now? That's news to me.........
Yes, they do fly out of Boston..
Old Oct 12, 2005, 1:31 pm

Programs: WN CP
Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:01 pm

Programs: hoarding miles
is that Manchester Boston or Providence Boston?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 2:18 pm

SWA doesn't really fly out of Boston. The closest you'll get is an ATA codeshare to Boston, but those employees would be ATA employees, not SWA employees.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.