Southwest Celebrity Sightings

Old Sep 12, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: WN CP
"Friend of Paris" and Pamela Anderson-esque film star (IYKWIM) Kim Kardashian flies WN, likely doesn't use OLCI, and doesn't bother with RR:

http://thesuperficial.com/image.php?...burbank_15.jpg
Old Sep 12, 2007, 6:55 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Priority Club, Hhonors
Celebrity?

During the weeks when Carrot Top was headlining the MGM in Las Vegas, I was surprised to see him boarding a Southwest flight to LA.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 8:30 pm

Last Saturday, E. D. Hill (Fox News Anchor) on my DAL-AUS flight. She and her husband, along with some other Burnt Orange people, were going to the TCU-Texas game. I, on the other hand, transferred to another flight out of AUS.
Old Sep 13, 2007, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Dennis Hopper was on WN 780 from ABQ to LAX on September 7. A gate agent came on the flight and said he was going to reserve the first row for some wheelchair passengers. It turns out that he sat Dennis in 1F. He mentioned that he is currently filming a movie with Kevin Costner in Albuquerque.
Old Sep 21, 2007, 10:53 pm

This was several years ago, but if anyone remembers the name, I saw Tone Loc. The rapper that did Funky Cold Medina and Wild Thing. He's got that real raspy voice. He's also been on tv and a couple of movies. He was in Ace Ventura, Jim Carrey's cop friend, and Disney's Blank Check.

He boarded a flight from Texas to Orlando. Posed for photographs when we landed. Really cool guy!
Old Oct 7, 2007, 9:05 pm

Sandra Day O'Connor, SLC-PHX earlier today.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 9:37 pm

Linda Yu

Prominent Chicago Anchorwoman Linda Yu on the nonstop from Los Angeles to Chicago on Sunday morning. She was very polite and looked great!

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...ios&id=3397523
Old Oct 21, 2007, 9:46 pm

Anne Archer

I think Anne Archer is best known for playing the wife of Michael Douglas in Fatal Attraction. She flew from PHX to LAX on Saturday night.

I overheard passengers grumbling because Anne Archer's traveling companion - maybe her agent or assistant - told the Operations Agent that a high profile actress was coming on board and they needed to preboard. At first the Operations Agent wasn't going to preboard them, but apparently changed her mind and allowed them to preboard after the customers with disabilities.

I just checked Anne Archer out on IMDb and I was surprised to see that she is 60 - quite possibly the youngest looking 60 year old I have ever seen. Hooray for Hollywood?!?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 7:53 am

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
Originally Posted by bigdel1
During the weeks when Carrot Top was headlining the MGM in Las Vegas, I was surprised to see him boarding a Southwest flight to LA.
LOL....why the surprise? That he wasn't in the cargo hold?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 7:54 am

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
Originally Posted by stef
I think Anne Archer is best known for playing the wife of Michael Douglas in Fatal Attraction. She flew from PHX to LAX on Saturday night.

I overheard passengers grumbling because Anne Archer's traveling companion - maybe her agent or assistant - told the Operations Agent that a high profile actress was coming on board and they needed to preboard. At first the Operations Agent wasn't going to preboard them, but apparently changed her mind and allowed them to preboard after the customers with disabilities.

I just checked Anne Archer out on IMDb and I was surprised to see that she is 60 - quite possibly the youngest looking 60 year old I have ever seen. Hooray for Hollywood?!?
Too bad about her snooty agent.

She is unbelievably beautiful for her age....always has been.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 1:15 pm
CVV

Michelle Obama (Mrs. Barack)

Saturday 10/20 MDW to MHT
Old Oct 22, 2007, 1:21 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, Starwood Gold, VX elevate
I must say, if I were to ever see anyone pre-board without a valid reason, I would throw a fit. And of course there are plenty of people who do pre-board with valid medical reasons that aren't blatantly apparent (which is of course acceptable), but a celebrity has no right to pre-board. And I would certainly be pissed. Not because they would get on sooner, just the principle.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
Sandra Day O'Connor, SLC-PHX earlier today.
I bet she sat in "the middle."
Old Oct 23, 2007, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by ZbadhabitZ
I must say, if I were to ever see anyone pre-board without a valid reason, I would throw a fit. And of course there are plenty of people who do pre-board with valid medical reasons that aren't blatantly apparent (which is of course acceptable), but a celebrity has no right to pre-board. And I would certainly be pissed. Not because they would get on sooner, just the principle.
If you need that kind of special treatment you can fly a full service airline with an FC cabin and make all the special requests you want.

Alternatively I think celebs should get pre-board rights in return for getting put on an official celebs that fly WN page at www.southwest.com. Maybe turn it into the AmEx style "My Life, My Card." ads.

Last edited by ClimbGuy; Nov 24, 2007 at 9:41 pm
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:55 pm

Garrett Reid

Garrett Reid, son of the NFL Eagles coach Andy Reid, a couple of years ago flying from SLC to SEA. I think he was a student at BYU at the time, and was flying to meet up with his family as the Eagles were playing the Seahawks that weekend.

As of now, it looks like he is in big trouble: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3089753

I talked to him for a while and he seemed like a sweet - but very privileged kid - one who was looking for friends, or acceptance, or who knows what, as he gave me his cell phone number and inviting me to his parents house, and to home and away Eagles games.

I hope he, and his family, get the help that they need!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.