Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any SWA promo codes for rental cars

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by ObieGrad
I booked a one way reservation using Budget for a one way rental using the Costco CDP code (better discount) and the Southwest triple points promo code. Will this qualify for the points promo? Am I correct the points promo is only tied to the coupon and not the CDP?

http://travel.southwest.com/specialo...ml?id=80135464
Avis and Budget generally allow any corporate code to be combined with a coupon code. You should be ok, but I would save your receipt to be sure.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:35 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Currently, the published SWA offers take two formats tiered and fixed. Tiered promotions are offered by Alamo, Avis, Budget, Hertz, and National offer tiered bonus points. Fixed promotions are offered by Dollar and Thrifty. Also listed below are AirTran & Hertz offers as FL ponts transfer 1:1 to WN RR 1.0 credits. All promotions expire October 31, 2013 or December 13, 2013.

Alamo & National:
On rentals of one day, earn 600 points and save up to 30%
On rentals of 2-3 days, earn 1200 points and save up to 30%
On rentals of 4-6 days, earn 1800 points and save up to 30%
On rentals of 7 days or more, earn 2400 points and save up to 30%

Avis & Hertz:
Rent for 1 - 2 days and earn 600 points & Save up to 35%
Rent for 3 – 6 days and earn 1,200 points & Save up to 35%
Rent for 7+ days and earn 2,400 points & Save up to 35%

Budget:
Rent for 1 - 2 days and earn 600 points & save up to 30% or more
Rent for 3 – 7 days and earn 1,200 points & save up to 30% or more
Rent for 8+ days and earn 2,400 points & save up to 30% or more

Dollar & Thrifty:
Save 10% on rentals of a Mid-size car or larger plus receive 1,200 Rapid Rewards Points.

Airtran:
Double Points & $5 off per weekend day or $20 off weekly rental
Triple Points

Does anyone have any other offers that I missed? There used to be targeted A List & Companion Pass offers, but I have not seen any as of late. Please post your additions.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Aug 28, 2013 at 1:37 pm
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:44 pm

Frequent flyer surcharges and how the bonus points are added to the reservation can be important in choosing a bonus points offer, or determining if a bonus points offer should be used at all.

Frequent flyer surcharges can weaken the value proposition of these bonus programs, and sometimes make the bonuses worth less than the price paid for them. For example, Avis/Budget don't cap how many days the surcharge is charged for frequent flyer points. This means that if you rent a car for 30 days with Avis you'll get 2,400 points but will need to pay $30 for the privilege.

A second important consideration is that sometimes the bonus points are triggered by a rate code and other times by a coupon code. If the points are triggered by a rate code you can often stack a dollars off coupon with it. However the bonus points are less valuable if you have a better rate code than the Southwest one. On the other hand, if the points are triggered by a coupon code you can generally use whatever rate code you want but might not be able to use a dollars off coupon.

Alamo - Bonus Points are a Rate Code, You Can Stack a Coupon

$1.50 surcharge per day, $7.50 max surcharge

Avis/Budget - Bonus Points are a Coupon, You Can Use With a Different Rate Code

$1.00 surcharge per day, no maximum!!! (surcharge can get very high on a long rental)

Dollar/Thrify - Bonus Points are a Coupon, You Can Use With a Different Rate Code

$1.50 surcharge per day, $8.00 max surcharge

Hertz - Bonus Points are a Coupon, You Can Use With a Different Rate Code

$1.00 surcharge per day, $4 max surcharge

National - Bonus Points are a Rate Code, You Can Stack a Coupon

$1.00 surcharge per day, $5 max surcharge
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: HH Silver
Alamo 2400 points. 7016181 corp id.
Rent 2 days or more before 11/15
Appears to be any size car.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:44 am

Alamo t&c

Terms and Conditions: Offer is valid between September 1, 2013 and November 15, 2013 on rentals of two days or longer at any participating Alamo® location in the U.S. and Canada. Qualifying rentals must be booked and rental completed between September 1, 2013 and November 15, 2013. Please provide Corporate ID 7016181 and Rapid Rewards account number at time of rental to receive bonus points and discount. With Alamo, a flight is not required in order to receive points except in the case where the Member has multiple rentals on consecutive days in the same market. If more than one rental occurs in the same day or consecutive days, a flight must be taken within 24 hours of each rental. Offer is subject to vehicle availability. Standard rental qualifications apply. This offer may change without notice. Any changes made to the reservation may disqualify for promotion. The discount is only good on the base rate. Renter must meet standard age, driver, and credit requirements. 24-hour advance reservation required. Drivers under 25 years of age may have to pay higher rates. Availability is limited. Blackout dates may apply. A Frequent Traveler Surcharge of $1.50 per day, up to $7.50 per rental, may apply. This service charge is being collected by Alamo to offset the administrative and program costs associated with participation in Frequent Flyer programs. Be aware that taxes, government charges of up to 23%, recoupment fees of up to $2 per day or $3 per rental, airport fees of up to $6 per day or $19 per rental, refueling fee, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge, and optional items may apply [i.e. CDW Waiver Savers® up to $30 per day]. Please check your auto insurance policy and/or credit card agreement for rental vehicle coverage. Maximum number of points issued per rental is 2,400 points. Please allow six to eight weeks for points to post to your account. All Rapid Rewards® rules and

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Sep 23, 2013 at 3:47 am
Old Sep 23, 2013, 3:49 am

Another Quadruple points @ Alamo offer. Code 7016183. Same T&C as code 7016181 code.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:41 am

I'm late to the enhanced rapid rewards bonus points party, but better late than never. I'd like to try my hand at Costco Rates + Other Bonus Points promotions, but don't see a place on www.costcotravel.com to add a coupon code. Where is it? Or alternatively, what is the Costco CDP code to enter on the car rental web site?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by jacqbaz
I'm late to the enhanced rapid rewards bonus points party, but better late than never. I'd like to try my hand at Costco Rates + Other Bonus Points promotions, but don't see a place on www.costcotravel.com to add a coupon code. Where is it? Or alternatively, what is the Costco CDP code to enter on the car rental web site?
Costco code is right on the costcotravel website, for each car rental company. Then use the car rentals website.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:08 pm

Bonus Not Awarded - Now What?

[I]
Originally Posted by chuckworth
Check this against the stacking offer posted above. This promo appears to be better for 2 & 3 Day Rentals = 1,800 RR points.

Received a flyer for this promo in my most recent WN RR Chase Visa statement mailing:

Earn 3X Rapid Rewards Points and save up to 25% on your next rental.

- Rent a standard or larger vehicle for at least two days.

- Valid now through April 30, 2013 at participating locations in the U.S. and Canada.

- Be sure to include your Rapid Rewards account number at the time of reservation.

To reserve, go to southwest.com.

Enter 7016061 in the Corporate ID/Rate field.

We used this promotion over the weekend. Previous bonus points were awarded at the same time as base points. How do I determine whether the code is valid or if Alamo or Southwest is at fault? Is there something I can do prior to the rental - maybe a code check? If the code is valid, I'd like to use it again this weekend.

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2014, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by jacqbaz
[I]

We used this promotion over the weekend. Previous bonus points were awarded at the same time as base points. How do I determine whether the code is valid or if Alamo or Southwest is at fault? Is there something I can do prior to the rental - maybe a code check? If the code is valid, I'd like to use it again this weekend.

Thanks
The only way I know of to see if a code is valid, is to read the T & C's. On the one you quoted, it ended last April.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:33 am

Finally...
Alamo 2x points (1200) on 2+ day rentals
http://www.southwest.com/html/rapidr...ber-offer.html

Exp. December 31, 2014
Provide Corporate ID 7016193
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:26 pm

Budget 1200 Points 2+ Day Rental
Please mention coupon number MUAZ023 and provide Rapid Rewards account number at time of rental or check in to receive bonus points. Expires 12/31/14
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:25 pm

Payless Double Points RR Launch Promo

Offer is valid on reservations booked from September 11 – December 31, 2014 for rentals completed from November 1 – December 31. Must use corporate code SWP058 which does not appear to work at LAS.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Payless Double Points RR Launch Promo

Offer is valid on reservations booked from September 11 – December 31, 2014 for rentals completed from November 1 – December 31. Must use corporate code SWP058 which does not appear to work at LAS.
Thanks. It works at LAS for me....
Old Dec 10, 2014, 12:02 pm

I've been finding that the Costco discount codes have provided some of the cheapest rates for Budget and Alamo:

Budget BCD: W852802
Alamo Contract ID: 7014627

You should be able to combine these with coupon codes (especially for Budget) found on southwest.com to get extra bonus points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.