FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards-501/)
-   -   Up to 3 Bonus Credits For Bill Payment (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/southwest-airlines-rapid-rewards/85602-up-3-bonus-credits-bill-payment.html)

Andy2 Aug 27, 2003 7:14 am

Up to 3 Bonus Credits For Bill Payment

Received an offer detailed at www.creditsforbills.com

Use FirstUSA Visa S/W Visa to pay numerous monthly bills and get up to 3 Rapid Rewards Credits.

The irritating part is it only applies to new monthly bill payments the customer signs up for during the Sept. 1 - Sept. 30 period. Not only discriminatory to those who have already enrolled in monthly bill pay but it also encourages customers to switch from existing S/W partners (such as MCI) to non-S/W partners (such as AT&T) in order to have a new monthly bill sign-up.

Anyway, be careful not to do anything related to this offer until Sept. 1.

[This message has been edited by Andy2 (edited 08-27-2003).]

WN LUVS U Aug 27, 2003 7:17 am

I believe this is targeted, sorry guys. Andy2, how much do you use your card?

Edited to add the word "believe" as I am not 100% sure.

[This message has been edited by WN LUVS U (edited 08-27-2003).]

Andy2 Aug 27, 2003 8:08 am

I usually have very high spending on the card because of employer reimbursements on business spending and savings bonds. The last few months I have hardly used it at all because of the AMEX offers for double Delta miles and triple Hilton HHonors points.

If I had seen any indication at all that this was targeted, I wouldn't have posted it. I HATE targeted offers, especially when I'm not one of the targets. Glad I was solicited on this one. I will get at least two credits and I'm trying to rearrange things to get the third.

ejmelton Aug 27, 2003 10:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by WN LUVS U:
This is targeted, sorry guys. Andy2, how much do you use your card?</font>
Both Mrs. and I got postcards yesterday with this offer. We each get one or two RR credits from First USA/Bank One each month. I guess I'll move a couple of the auto debits from her card to mine. (Which I was going to do anyway since we got our Companion Pass pastcard yesterday as well. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif )

------------------
"I was once dissappointed that I didn't get an upgrade, then I saw a homeless man without shoes. Somehow, the upgrade didn't seem all that important."

ajhun9 Aug 27, 2003 11:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Andy2:
The irritating part is it only applies to new monthly bill payments the customer signs up for during the Sept. 1 - Sept. 30 period. [/B]</font>
I agree. VERY irritating. Most of us on this board have already signed up our autopays for mileage earning credit cards. I simply don't have anything else I can add. I think this is the first time I've ever been targetted for anything involving affinity programs, and it's pretty much worthless.

I generally spend enough for 20-25 RR credits per year, including soon-to-be-extinct savings bond purchases.

xFlagger Aug 27, 2003 3:47 pm

Hi:

Why not remove some auto bill payments creditors from your credit card now, then add them back between Spet 1-30th. Would that work?

CF

ajhun9 Aug 29, 2003 8:43 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CART_Flagman:
Hi:

Why not remove some auto bill payments creditors from your credit card now, then add them back between Spet 1-30th. Would that work?

CF
</font>
I thought about doing this, but I'm not sure how the cc company would know. I've already been billed for August statements, so I assume that they'll just check what bills in September versus August. Although, if I were to add one on Sept. 30, it wouldn't bill until October. Anyone know how they'll track this?

ejmelton Aug 29, 2003 10:05 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ajhun9:
I thought about doing this, but I'm not sure how the cc company would know.</font>
Although I am not certain about this, I do not think that First USA/Bank One knows when you signed up for the auto charge. If you look at the promotion, they are waiting to make certain that the charges show up on two billing cycles. My guess is that they will simply look at repetitive charges and compare them to what was on our statements prior to September 1st.

This could take four or more months depending on how fast the utility (or other service provider) updates its system and the timing of your billing cycles.

As a result, I don't think that just cancelling a current auto debit and reinitiating it would work. (But this is just a guess http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/wink.gif .)

ajhun9 Aug 29, 2003 12:14 pm

The last resort would be asking for a new credit card number and hoping it fools the bot since, technically, i would have to re-sign up for autopay with the new number. not sure if its worth the effort (or embarassment if anyone i knew found out about my miles affliction).

curbcrusher Sep 3, 2003 1:30 pm

Has anyone been able to confirm the validity of this offer? creditsforbills.com is not a BO/FUSA or WN-registered domain, and neither site lists this as an available promotion. My email to BO/FUSA has gone unanswered thus far.

WN LUVS U Sep 3, 2003 3:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by curbcrusher:
Has anyone been able to confirm the validity of this offer? creditsforbills.com is not a BO/FUSA or WN-registered domain, and neither site lists this as an available promotion. My email to BO/FUSA has gone unanswered thus far.</font>
This is a valid offer, for targeted card holders.

ScottCa596 Jan 6, 2004 8:57 pm

I've now gone through 3 cycles of payments and no points have posted.

I moved my AT&T and AOL payments to this credit card back in September.

Have anyone else had their credits post?

The original link at the top of this post is no longer active.

I also got the postcard - so I was targeted.

yosemite1225 Jan 6, 2004 9:20 pm

I signed and cancelled swa visa several times now. That was it. I thought it was too much to lose, because it lower your credit score.
But I then signed on UAL MP visa, and got 20k miles, already booked an Alaska trip for this June, only less than $70 for SFO-ANC r/t if you count $60 fees and airport security fee.

Andy2 Jan 7, 2004 7:30 am

I was targeted.

No RR credits yet.

Not to be a pessimist (sp?), but it may be difficult to obtain these credits since there was no toll-free number or promotion code.

On the other hand, First USA has a better track record than other credit card companies on consistently posting the promised miles.

ehcothran2002 Jan 12, 2004 5:28 pm

I called First USA SW Visa just last week regarding this offer. I got the post card and signed up online (no offer code) for two new auto pays.

At first the 1st USA rep said to "wait a few weeks it should post soon" but I insisted that they investigate as it has been more than the time they required per their instructions.

I should be hearing within a few days as to what they discovered, still no credits in my account.