Search

Post your new kiosk sightings here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2002, 8:22 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Post your new kiosk sightings here

Spotted 2 kiosks at LAX, to the left of the ticketing counter at immediately to the right of the escalator that you take up to the security checkpoint. There may be more kiosks inside, but that was all I could see from the curb when dropping off a passenger.
Old Dec 15, 2002, 1:58 pm
cxn

SEA has four as you cross the skybridge heading to the terminal. Also, two more inside past security at B4(I think)
Old Dec 15, 2002, 11:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
SJC has six, just inside the door behind the curbside check-in, and another at the ticket counter. I couldn't believe how fast it was to get my boarding pass - just put my RR card in, push a button, and out comes the boarding pass. And it was an A, about 80 minutes before flight time to LAS on Friday afternoon.
Old Dec 16, 2002, 9:05 am

They are finally open at BWI! As you walk in the doors near the Concourse B security entrance, there are a bank of them, maybe 10? That is where they had been doing some construction...now we know what it was for. Unfortunately, the actual ticket counters are at the other end of that row of ticket counters.

It looks like they just opened as there were some agents standing there ready to answer questions. I was flying NW, so I did not use them and I did not see anyone using them (6AM Saturday). Great for others, but still doesn't help my wife check-in on her CP.

------------------
Randy
-------------------------
HH Gold; WN CP
Old Dec 16, 2002, 5:43 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
PHX has two but I was told by the agent that I COULD NOT use them if I was checking baggage... BUMMER!
Old Dec 17, 2002, 9:43 am

Hi...
I think the agent you spoke with was mistaken. What she probably meant was that you couldn't use them to actually get bag tags for your luggage. You most definetly can use them to get a boarding pass and THEN walk to the ticket counter to drop off your bags.
Old Dec 17, 2002, 1:39 pm

BUR has them. Eight in the hallway to the TSA area for security.

We lose a gate for security to add one more line and lose space to walk through. The TSA agents have more walking space than does the paying public. I understand OSHA regs, but that is BOGUS!!!!
Old Dec 19, 2002, 12:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Do these machines work similarly to the AA self service machines? There, most machines are next to the ticket lines, and when you select the number of bags you are checking it will print out the bag tags behind the counter. Someone just walks up, checks your ID, and slaps the tag on the bag.

Will the WN machines work similarly or will we have to wait for them to find us in the computer, print the tags, then get to the business of checking the bags?
Old Dec 19, 2002, 12:37 am

I'm pretty sure every kiosk for every airline (USA, at least) is made by the same company.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 10:08 pm
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
It turns out that LAX has 4 kiosks, not 2, to the right of the escalators. There was nobody using them today despite a line of about 60 people waiting to go up the escalators.

I was able to confirm that the kiosk does indeed refuse to give you a BP less than 20 minutes before flight time. 16 minutes, in this case. I did this purely in the interest of scientific inquiry, you understand.

However, even if you are late the BP gives you a "proceed to gate" printout which will get you past the security checkpoint.

I got my BP at the gate 6 minutes before scheduled departure. I had it all the way...
Old Dec 20, 2002, 5:51 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kanebear:
PHX has two</font>
They also have 3 more airside, one in the B Concourse I believe, and one at Gate C-6 and another at Gate C-16. Those airside kiosks really saved the day for me on Monday.

I was flying OAK-PHX-AUS and was supposed to have an hour and five minute connection in PHX. The incoming flight was due in at 3:35 p.m. and the connecting flight was supposed to depart at 4:40 p.m.

Unfortunately the flight out of OAK left 25 minutes behind schedule, but the captain was able to make up most of the time and I think we pulled into Gate C-18 in PHX about 3:37 p.m. By the time I got off the plane it was 3:40 p.m. I quickly walked over to the kiosk at C-16 and got a boarding pass in the A group (#15).

As I walked up the concourse towards the bar, I passed the gate for my connecting flight and there must have been 80 people in line to get boarding passes. Had it not been for that kiosk I most definitely would have been in the C group.

Consider me one Southwest customer who LOVES the kiosks.

Mike

[This message has been edited by LoneStarMike (edited 12-20-2002).]
Old Jan 6, 2003, 10:32 am
nsx
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

2 more near gate 3B at LAX.
Old Jan 6, 2003, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, SPG LTG, AA, LH
There are at least 4 kiosks in SAN. Zero lines last night (Sunday, 8pm)
Old Jan 8, 2003, 8:37 am

There are a rwo of them along the ticket counter at MDW. (However, yesterday morning they, along with all other check in systems were down, and they were back to issueing plastic boarding cards until a little before 7:00 [when I made it to the gate]. Image my surprise to get A group number 8 about 10 minutes before the flight was supposed to leave! (And also my surprise that it was 8 when I seemed to be the only at the gate with a real boarding pass.)

There are also a couple inside the southwest F gates near the restaurant (around F6)

At MCI they are outside the gates at about every other gate area. Again, tried, and unable to check in. (Even when a flight is delayed, the Rapid Check In kiosks only let you check in 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time, rather than the actual departure time.)
Old Jan 9, 2003, 5:28 pm

Two kiosk have shown up at CLE at the front check in counter. They had a rep on hand to help with the use.

I wasn't flying them so did not get a chance to try them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.