More X-ray machines at LAX Terminal 1

Old Nov 29, 2001, 9:36 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
More X-ray machines at LAX Terminal 1

Six machines now, instead of 4. Lines late this afternoon were minimal. More kudos to Southwest!
Old Nov 29, 2001, 10:59 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I forgot to add: on the day before Thanksgiving an LA Times reporter stopped by as I waited in line. She was surprised that I was calm and relaxed, but I explained, "With Southwest if you miss your flight there's always another one." I gave Southwest a few other compliments, but the story never made it into the paper. Too bad.

I assume that many here saw the nice segment on Southwest on PBS's News Hour Wednesday night. They were accurate and to the point. Southwest is going to clean the industry's clocks over the next two years.

OK, now that I've flattered them sufficiently, maybe they will finally add Hawaii to their system! Or do we have to wait for the Boeing 737-1700 which can go 6000 miles without refueling? :-)
Old Nov 30, 2001, 9:04 am
JS
Suspended

Programs: DL Gold Medallion; UA Premier Executive; WN sub-CP; AA sub-Gold
It's 2408 miles from OAK, not 6000, so it can be done I think. The problem is overwater requirements that WN is not interested in pursuing.
Old Dec 2, 2001, 12:16 am

Programs: WN:No status in 2015; UA:1K long gone (1995-2003).
I believe Aloha does it (OAK-HNL) with a 737-700 (ETOPS).
Old Dec 2, 2001, 6:17 am

Location: cmh: nw gold, dl gold, aa plat, hh diamond. BBJ Capt
yes aloha uses a 737-700 with winglets for oak-hnl.

my company uses a modified b737-700 - we are capable of 5800nm (12hrs max)! uses winglets and belly fuel.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.