Wiki Posts
Search

Rapid Rewards Enrollment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2001, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FT Member # 642
Rapid Rewards Enrollment

Several days ago I made reservations for my friend and her 4 children. Today I went back to SW's website to enroll them in their program but it seems as though you cannot enroll online unless it is during the session when you are making the reservations.

It does say that you can enroll at the airport but I was trying to make it easy for them (imagine you and four kids, baggage, security and now filling out paperwork for five people).

Any sugguestions?

Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2001, 9:39 pm

Perhaps you should cancel the reservation online and then use the credit to simply rebook the tickets. You can then enroll for Rapid Rewards when rebooking the tickets.

Of course it is important with SW that you do all of your "business" online because then you get double Rapid Reward credit. If you speak to a reservations agent to make, change, cancel, or rebook a reservation; you lose that double credit.

One roundtrip with double credit is 4 RR credits which is 1/4 the way to a free ticket. That adds up quickly!
Old Nov 10, 2001, 2:03 am

A friend of mine recently bought a ticket on southwest.com but forgot to join Rapid Rewards at the time. He signed up when he checked in for his flight, and he still got the double credit for online booking.
Old Nov 10, 2001, 8:30 am

Programs: CO Silver
My wife recently signed up for RR at the airport when checking in for her flight. She was given a temporary membership card and 2 FREE credits to get her started. I'm not sure if you get the free credits when you enroll online.
Old Nov 10, 2001, 7:25 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IAH_FLYER:
My wife recently signed up for RR at the airport when checking in for her flight. She was given a temporary membership card and 2 FREE credits to get her started. I'm not sure if you get the free credits when you enroll online.</font>
I did it with my niece. Yes you so get 2 free credits when you enroll online.

Old Nov 13, 2001, 8:21 pm

Hi all,

I've been in this situation before and so I had copied the link to enroll. It *WAS* https://www.southwest.com/cgi-bin/rapidReward but that doesn't work anymore. Perhaps they've changed things on their end. Hopefully someone who buys a ticket in the near future will copy the link to enroll and post it here.
Old Nov 16, 2001, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FT Member # 642
Thanks for the info. Yesterday another friend asked me to book him a reservation so at that time I signed up my friend, her 4 girls, myself and my son. Hopefully they will get all their credits when they use their cards at the airport.

All the adults also receive 2 free booze tickets too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.