Rapid Reward Tickets & Companion Tickets

Old Sep 19, 01, 10:05 am

Hi:

I just used a companion pass with a Rapid Reward ticket last friday 9/14. Went from OAK-MCO. Had to stand in a very long line at counter as we needed to get the paper ticket for companion. Line took 50 minutes. SWA had lots of staff and staff and PAX all seemed cooperative. When we got to counter, agent printed companion ticket and wrote the flight info on RR ticket. I asked him what would happen if we didn't use tickets today as flight was late and connect in PHX was iffy... we were not going to leave OAK and get stranded in PHX with a mis-connect. Agent said no problem, they would tear up companion and just rewrite new info on RR, even if a different person used RR. So we leave the counter and go to security... SWA employee is at head of xray machine checking ID's and tickets. She verified date and flight info on both RR and Companion and compared to jacket. Unless you had a RR that had been processed to the point of having a current day flight written on it you were not getting past xray. So, at least at OAK, if you are using a RR with or without a Companion... you gotta do the counter line first. As someone else mentioned, with companion you have to anyway so no big deal, but if by yourself, it will add a trip thru the line....

Dave
Old Sep 19, 01, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by eastbayflier:
at least at OAK, if you are using a RR with or without a Companion... you gotta do the counter line first.</font>
At LAX, that seemed to be the case at first but turned out not to be. See my new post "my Wednesday LAX-BWI RR flight" for details on this, LAX parking misadventures (ParkOne is inaccessible!!!), and more.
Old Sep 24, 01, 3:05 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Stefan Daystrom:
I just checked the MTA schedule and from where I live (a few blocks from SM Blvd & Bundy in West L A), I'd have to take 3 buses all over creation starting just after 1 am!
</font>
It probably won't help on this occasion, but you are very near Big Blue Bus route 1. Take that into the 4th Street connection center in downtown Santa Monica, then the 3 to the airport
Old Sep 28, 01, 12:13 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL, Frontier, NWA, SWA, UA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, Choice Priv, BW, Diners
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by silverpie:
It probably won't help on this occasion, but you are very near Big Blue Bus route 1. Take that into the 4th Street connection center in downtown Santa Monica, then the 3 to the airport</font>
Thanks, yes, I've done that once or twice in the past when both my flight out and fligth in were at "reasonable" times. Can't beat the 2 x 50 cents cost!

But these days I usually either get the first or second flight out early in the morning (for which Big Blue Bus doesn't start running early enough for me to get there), or an evening flight where LAX is on the way from my work in Orange County to home (and in that case no public transportation would be practical).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: