Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

i have an interview for a WN internship this friday!! ;)

Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

I got called over the weekend to come to Dallas for a Fall 2008 internship with WN!! I'm so pumped right now, I'm having trouble keeping my thoughts together. =)

this will be my first corporate interview and I'm trying my best to view this as a learning experience. as they say, 90% of success is showing up...or something like that!!

paging HighonLUV and Brian, I hope I can get some pointers for friday!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:01 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, HHonors, Amex MR; Browns, Cavs, Indians, and Buckeyes Season Ticket Holder
dress to impress and good luck!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:40 pm

Be confident about what you know and what you're good at. Also be honest about what you don't know but are willing to learn.
Good Luck !
Old Jul 8, 2008, 1:03 am

I've read in the past that those who have shown up in suits are thanked for their time and shown the door.

Here's a good post from the blogsouthwest site:

http://www.blogsouthwest.com/blog/back-work-the-sequel

Good luck!!
Old Jul 8, 2008, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Spend 100% of your mental energy concentrating on what you can do for Southwest, and not vice versa. Then communicate that.

That is, don't ask about travel benefits, vacation policies, etc.

Good luck.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:01 am
In Memoriam - Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Southwest spokesperson
Kalun67
Congratulations. No a suit won't get you kicked out of the interview. It's not a requirement to wear one, but it doesn't "count off" either. The best advice that I can give you is be yourself and relax. Our Recruiters are very good about putting folks at ease. You will be asked questions and the more specific and on-topic you are the better.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Do you know what department the Internship will be for?
Old Jul 8, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, WorldPerks
I'm really excited for you! Congratulations!

I will be entering my freshman year of college this fall and one of my goals/dreams for my college years is to try to get an internship at WN.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.