Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Enforcement of Boarding Order: consolidated thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enforcement of Boarding Order: consolidated thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 5:52 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
As an A-lister, I rarely see an entire boarding process.

Dropped off a UM today and I was required to stay in the gate area until the plane took off.

GA made the usual 'please line up in order' announcements. She found several B's in the A30-60 group and told them to wait. When it was B1-30 turn she made an announcement to the effect of ' the last group didn't seem to get it. You must line up in order of your letter and then number. My computer is monitoring the order that I allow you on-board. My supervisors know if I let you on out of order and I get in trouble. Would you PLEEEASE line up in order and make my life easier.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, WOH
Originally Posted by lougord99
As an A-lister, I rarely see an entire boarding process.

Dropped off a UM today and I was required to stay in the gate area until the plane took off.

GA made the usual 'please line up in order' announcements. She found several B's in the A30-60 group and told them to wait. When it was B1-30 turn she made an announcement to the effect of ' the last group didn't seem to get it. You must line up in order of your letter and then number. My computer is monitoring the order that I allow you on-board. My supervisors know if I let you on out of order and I get in trouble. Would you PLEEEASE line up in order and make my life easier.
It sounds like many here on FT are getting their wishes granted as to the enforcement of boarding order.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by FLYERIL
It sounds like many here on FT are getting their wishes granted as to the enforcement of boarding order.
Nope. Maybe 50% at best, which isn't very encouraging this long after implementation of the new boarding process.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Enforced the order

Flew this past weekend and one of the SW attendants enforced the order. Was A23-25 with my family. A30's were in front, made them wait until we went thru. Was great!!
Old Sep 24, 2010, 6:15 pm

Rules Enforced

The rules only work if they are enforced. Makes things better for everyone.
Old May 26, 2012, 11:22 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by mritty
On my BWI->ALB flight on Sunday, the Gate Agent had an interesting addition to the standard boarding procedure spiel. On both flights for which I was at his gate, he said "Folks, we here at Southwest have gotten a lot of requests from passengers to line up in numeric order, so that's just what we're going to do. Please line up in numeric order, make a new friend or two, and we can all get on the plane happily."

There was also a passenger who took it upon herself to enforce the numeric order, telling an elderly passenger who had A-20-something (not quite politely) that she needed to move down the line a bit more when she lined up around 10.
On May 13th I took my first SWA flight in oh 10+ years going BWI-ALB. I was concerned about boarding but on his day the gate agent said we could board ALL at once. See there were a whole 6 of us on the plane that holds 130+. Needless to say I had a whole row to myself for 45 minutes of slumber.
Old May 27, 2012, 4:08 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Getting better

5/24 ELP-ABQ #1479. Grandma, young mother & infant with A20-something BPs tried to board at the front of BS. They were politely advised by one of the BS pax but didn't move. A few minutes later, the GA (who hadn't seen the earlier exchange) redirected them and they moved without comment.

In general, I'm seeing more enforcement of the process these days. I still see is 'gamers' & unknowledgeable persons trying to insert themselves in the gap between the last BS and A16.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:10 pm

Programs: HHonors (Diamond), Marriott (Gold), United (Gold - MM), American (Platinum), National (Executive)
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
5/24 ELP-ABQ #1479. In general, I'm seeing more enforcement of the process these days. I still see is 'gamers' & unknowledgeable persons trying to insert themselves in the gap between the last BS and A16.
Although the order number thing never really bothers me the ease of getting a blue sleeve for no reason does. Two situations,
* I am checking in at the Kiosk at BWI and an elderly lady next to me (Late 60's) tells her friend that since they got a C boarding pass they would request a blue sleeve. They got it and I watched them leave. Low and behold they were on the same flight boarded early with no issues.
* I am sitting at the power station at the gate in CLE and here comes a lady pushing the wheelchair with 3 bags in it, gets to the boarding area and hops in chair to board. When we arrive in Baltimore she hops up an rushes off the plane no wheelchair required.

I am sorry but Blue passes aren't like candy. I wish the CA's and GA's would enforce those rules since there are time that 20+ people board early.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by johnslloyd
5/24 ELP-ABQ #1479. Grandma, young mother & infant with A20-something BPs tried to board at the front of BS. They were politely advised by one of the BS pax but didn't move. A few minutes later, the GA (who hadn't seen the earlier exchange) redirected them and they moved without comment.

In general, I'm seeing more enforcement of the process these days. I still see is 'gamers' & unknowledgeable persons trying to insert themselves in the gap between the last BS and A16.
There is one GA (male) at ELP that is especially good at enforcing the boarding order. Don't remember his name but he deserves some props. Too bad it doesn't usually matter with through flights from DAL.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 1:36 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
How is the enforcement at SJC?

SJC > SAN: Wed 12/18 - Evening flight?
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Nope. Maybe 50% at best, which isn't very encouraging this long after implementation of the new boarding process.
50% is BS at best, and I'm not referring to Business Select.......

I can't speak of B1 and beyond, but the GA have gone to great lengths in 2013 for A1-A60.

You clearly have no data to back up this claim.

Sadly blue passes are like candy......if I go to the gate and say I have a disability, you cannot ask me what my disability is, no matter how healthy I appear to you.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by antinseattle
50% is BS at best, and I'm not referring to Business Select.......

I can't speak of B1 and beyond, but the GA have gone to great lengths in 2013 for A1-A60.

You clearly have no data to back up this claim.
That post was from 2010.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeyZBT
The last thing they need is a passenger telling them how to do their job.
Actually, as far as WN and boarding order are concerned, that's exactly what they need.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:26 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by DrDiarrhea
Actually, as far as WN and boarding order are concerned, that's exactly what they need.
Yeah, a Kindergarten Cop!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DrDiarrhea
How do you even find a post that is almost 6 years old, let alone feel the need to reply to it??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.