Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

converting standard awards to freedom awards

Old Jun 7, 2008, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K - SPG Plat

i have one standard RT award - i thought i could use that as a one-way freedom award, but was told by RR no - you must convert two standard awards to get one freedom award.

i only need the one-way freedom award. anyone know anyway around this rule?

<in interest of full disclosure i have already posted on coupon connection to trade my standard RT award for a one-way freedom award - but i thought i would post here in case anyone knows of a way to get around the rules that WN has and see if i can indeed use my standard RT award for a one-way freedom>
Old Jun 8, 2008, 11:51 pm

no such thing as a 1-way freedom reward, unfortunately.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
Originally Posted by OMAguy
i have one standard RT award - i thought i could use that as a one-way freedom award, but was told by RR no - you must convert two standard awards to get one freedom award.

i only need the one-way freedom award. anyone know anyway around this rule?

<in interest of full disclosure i have already posted on coupon connection to trade my standard RT award for a one-way freedom award - but i thought i would post here in case anyone knows of a way to get around the rules that WN has and see if i can indeed use my standard RT award for a one-way freedom>
You need a ticket for XX-day to XX-place right?

What's the cost looking like? I'd recommend booking it and then just keeping your eyes open for awards to become available. Yesterday i went crazy and almost jumped on the next plane out of town - and thus checked award openings. WN does undoubtedly open up awards closer to the flight date.

If you can get a standard award later, then you have some money on southwest in the bank (as you wont get it back, it just wont disappear like the legacy airlines). Not the greatest deal if you dont fly too frequently, but a decent one if you do and will eventually spend the money anyways.

But seriously, yesterday at 2pm i could have been on today's afternoon flight out from TPA to DEN.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.