Community
Wiki Posts
Search

3 thumbs up, 1 down at BWI gate A7

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2008, 6:55 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by MichaelFuller
Someone show me the policy that says you can't save a seat....

So far I've read anecdotes, personal thoughts, personal opinions and absolutely no actual policy.

An 'A' boarding pass let's you board before 'B' and 'C' but it doesn't say anywhere that you have a right to your choice of seats. It is a 'boarding' pass and not a 'seat' pass.

So, I ask you... please show me the policy.

Thank you
From the SWA website: "Because Southwest Airlines maintains an open-seating policy, general-boarding Customers may sit in any open or unclaimed seat. Customers holding boarding pass "A" will begin general boarding, followed by Customers with boarding pass "B," and then "C.""
Old May 20, 2008, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM Gold
Originally Posted by lougord99
From the SWA website: "....any open or unclaimed seat...."
I saw that. Seat savers are going to rationalize: An open seat is an empty seat. I can "claim" a seat by putting clutter in it and then it's no longer "open" but "claimed" so nobody should sit there without my permission.

Wish SW would come right out and say explicitly: "No saving seats for later boarders."
Old May 20, 2008, 5:10 pm

That's pretty lame not letting someone save a seat for their wife. If it were me, I would not sit in a seat someone was saving for their wife unless it was the last aisle or window available.
Old May 20, 2008, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM Gold
But you can never really know it's for a spouse. The seat-saving rationalizers may SAY it's for a spouse, and it's really for a co-worker. Or it may be that you're just above their body size or ugliness threshold, and they would unsave the seat in an instant if someone more to their liking came by.

Would it make a difference to you if you KNEW you were being lied to? Would it make a difference if you had just seen the seat-saver sleaze into line out of his own boarding order ahead of you?

And it may be a flat-out lie, and the spouse is invisible and never shows up.

That's why I admire the no-saving rule - if only they would publish it as such. It defuses all of those possible arguments of WHO the seat is being saved for.
Old May 20, 2008, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by TheRoadie
But you can never really know it's for a spouse. The seat-saving rationalizers may SAY it's for a spouse, and it's really for a co-worker. Or it may be that you're just above their body size or ugliness threshold, and they would unsave the seat in an instant if someone more to their liking came by.

Would it make a difference to you if you KNEW you were being lied to? Would it make a difference if you had just seen the seat-saver sleaze into line out of his own boarding order ahead of you?

And it may be a flat-out lie, and the spouse is invisible and never shows up.

That's why I admire the no-saving rule - if only they would publish it as such. It defuses all of those possible arguments of WHO the seat is being saved for.
Yes, I would be ticked if someone took advantage of it and lied etc. (I am sure many do) It ruins it for us honest people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.