Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BoardFirst Shuts Down

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 8:44 am

Programs: SWA
Originally Posted by curbcrusher
Never mind that it is simply absurd to believe WN ever intended to prevent "friend/spouse/secretary/sibling"-assisted OLCI.
To extend that even further, if my wife and I are traveling together, does the verbiage indicate that we must each check in ourselves, as opposed to one of us checking in for both?

I think SWA's intent is quite obvious. Don't build your business using ours without permission.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by justageek
That's what Southwest said in court (or whatever). But it is not what the ToS says. What's legally binding on the user is the ToS of the web site. Until Southwest changes the wording to say something like "no third party may check you in in exchange for money" (or somesuch), my statement is still 100% correct -- no third party may check you in.
By that same logic:

So when one of my paid employees books a ticket for me at my request, I'm violating WN's ToS....I'm paying someone to use the site for commercial purposes.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
OK, I know. I posted similar in other thread.... but this has more traction.

Why cannot someone in a 3rd world country set up an ONCI service. Will WN go to Cambodia to sue? Doubt it. That is why so many web sites are "off shore". curb, let's go to Phnom Pehn and set up this service.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 8:04 am

Programs: Back to AA EXP for 2018 after 1 year on worthless Plat Pro
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
OK, I know. I posted similar in other thread.... but this has more traction.

Why cannot someone in a 3rd world country set up an ONCI service. Will WN go to Cambodia to sue? Doubt it. That is why so many web sites are "off shore". curb, let's go to Phnom Pehn and set up this service.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DillMan
By that same logic:

So when one of my paid employees books a ticket for me at my request, I'm violating WN's ToS....I'm paying someone to use the site for commercial purposes.
And I better not tip the concierge at my hotel when he gets my WN BP.

Money changing hands!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.