Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Can't Mention Southwest Drink Coupons on eBay??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

I had a small amount of TTFs that I won't be using and noticed that many folks were offering them on eBay. I decided, what the hey, I'd rather someone else use them, then giving it back to SW. I also have a few drink coupons left that I also won't be using and threw them in as a bonus.

Not 30 minutes later, my auction was cancelled by eBay saying I can't sell alcohol on there. I look around and there are folks blatantly selling their drink coupons on there and say they are drink coupons.

I'm not one to report folks, so I won't but what gives??

I relisted still offering the coupons as a bonus, but left off the word "drink".

There are also many folks selling their drink coupons and offering RR credits as a bonus.

Inconsistency at it's finest.

Carol
Old Sep 23, 2007, 6:05 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by clkelley
I also have a few drink coupons left that I also won't be using and threw them in as a bonus.

Not 30 minutes later, my auction was cancelled by eBay saying I can't sell alcohol on there. I look around and there are folks blatantly selling their drink coupons on there and say they are drink coupons.

I'm not one to report folks, so I won't but what gives??

I relisted still offering the coupons as a bonus, but left off the word "drink".

There are also many folks selling their drink coupons and offering RR credits as a bonus.

Inconsistency at it's finest.

Carol
I think inconsistency is not the correct word. Ebay has policies. Many of you choose to attempt to get around those policies. Sometimes you are caught, but sometimes you are clever enough to not get caught. I would not accuse Ebay of being inconsistent when some people are able to be clever enough to get around their policies and some people are not.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Actually ebay is very inconsistent with enforcement of its policies. It is one of the main reasons I have stopped using ebay to sell surplus items (craigslist is usually quicker and of course FREE). The other reason is that any communications with ebay are handled by an ICC that provides worse service than UA.
Old Sep 24, 2007, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
deleted - duplicate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.