Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest launches sponsored group on Facebook

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2007, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Southwest have launched a sponsored group on Facebook.

You can win a pair of tickets to anywhere they fly, just by joining the group (the competition is open to US residents only). There are only 58 members so far, so the odds are pretty good

There's also mention of double Rapid Reward points for students aged 18-23 and some fairly random discussions about non Southwest topics.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2257328842
Old Apr 26, 2007, 3:07 pm

That is some awesome PR for Southwest. I can count on one hand my friends that don't have a facebook. Good way for them to advertise to college kids! ^
Old Apr 26, 2007, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
When is the cutoff date to join to be eligible>??
Old Apr 27, 2007, 3:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SAPMAN
When is the cutoff date to join to be eligible>??
The competition runs monthly, and they say the winner of the first competition will be announced on or around 21 May. So I guess you need to join at least a few days before 21 May to be sure of being in with a chance for the first competition.

The bad news is that there are now 135 members so the odds of winning are going down rapidly
Old May 2, 2007, 9:14 pm

Programs: Amex Cent, Amex Plat, SPG Gold, CO Lifetime Plat, Hertz-Gold
The double credit to me seems super appealing, but does anyone know how you get in on that program if you're already a RR member?
Old May 3, 2007, 8:39 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...1&postcount=14

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.