Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nsx
Wiki written by member pillow25:

Uber / Lyft / Rideshare (approx.. $30 non-surge pricing):

Bus / DART (approx. 45 minutes of travel; general operating hours 5 AM – 1 AM)
                            Print Wikipost

Love Field to DFW: How to go?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:01 pm
                            Suspended
                            Original Poster

Love Field to DFW: How to go?

I searched the FT threads and Dallas Love Field website without finding the info.

How does one travel from Dallas Love Field to DFW?

I found:
                            1. DART (takes 2:30 and 3-4 buses)
                            2. rental car
                            3. always can take a taxi but it's always expensive

***** Is there a shuttle? Dallas Love Field shows service from City Shuttle, Super Shuttle, Yellow Checker Shuttle. Will they go to DFW, not just to Dallas city? How much, if you remember.

Any other ways to get there?
                            Old Feb 15, 2007, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SGP PLT, HH Diamond, Hyatt PLT
                            Originally Posted by Human Unit 763246B
                            I searched the FT threads and Dallas Love Field website without finding the info.

I found:
                            2. rental car

***** Is there a shuttle? Dallas Love Field shows service from City Shuttle, Super Shuttle, Yellow Checker Shuttle. Will they go to DFW, not just to Dallas city? How much, if you remember.

I used one of those shuttle services before (either City Shuttle or Super Shuttle) and they charge $18 to $20. I think that's the cheapest way to from one airport to the other, unfortunately.
                            Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:33 pm

Super shuttle should work ...
                            http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/dfw.htm
                            Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:19 am
                            Suspended

My research shows the same conclusion, i.e. the shuttle is the (almost) cheapest way to get from DAL to DFW. The city bus is cheaper but takes more than 2 and a half hours and requires several transfers!
                            Old Feb 16, 2007, 12:37 pm

I have actually used the public transportation option before.

You take the #39 bus from Love Field (I believe that's the only route available from Love now) downtown where it eventually brings you to the West Transfer Center (a route map is available on DART.org).

From the West Transfer Center, it's a very short walk over to the West End (light rail) station, from which you can ride the fairly short distance to Union Station.

From Union Station catch the Trinity Rail Express which runs to Fort Worth, but get off at CentrePort/DFW station. There are shuttles which run between there and DFW airport.

You can buy an All Day Pass when you get on the bus that also covers the Light Rail and the Trinity Express--but because DFW is slightly over a Fare Boundary, the required pass is the "Premium" ($4.50) all-day pass rather than the "Local" ($2.50) all-day pass. Quite a good deal, if you have a LOT of time to get between airports. It's helpful to check the bus and Trinity Rail timetables ahead of time (at DART.org) if doing this--the light rail service is pretty frequent, and either the Red or Blue line goes to Union Station.

At some point in the past there was another bus route running out of Love which stopped at Medical/Market Center station, from which you could also catch the Trinity Rail but without going all the way downtown first. Don't remember the route # but am pretty sure it doesn't go to Love anymore, unfortunately.
                            Old Feb 16, 2007, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Human Unit 763246B

I found:
                            2. rental car

I did exactly this today for reasons too long to explain my car was at DFW and I flew home to Love Field. I looked into renting a car, it was $48 total with Avis. Then there would have been the wait to rent, turning it in and riding the bus back to the B terminal at DFW. All that would have probably added 45 minutes to an hour to my time spent getting home. Since the company was paying I opted to use a cab. It was $36 dollars to get from Love Field to arrivals at DFW terminal B and I gave him a $6 tip. So that made the total $42. The cab ride was about 20-25 minutes at 4:00 PM on a Friday afternoon. It's not the cheapest way but it's sure the most convenient.
                            Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:40 am
                            FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
                            Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
                            Quick note for anyone else looking into this - the Trinity Rail Express does not run at all on Sundays and on many holidays.
                            Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:56 pm

If you check out this post you might find a way to rent the car cheaper than the shuttle...and get WN credit for it too ^
                            Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by crhptic
                            If you check out this post you might find a way to rent the car cheaper than the shuttle...and get WN credit for it too ^
                            My post, linked to above, involves using a Hertz coupon code (997076) which is valid for weekend rentals of two days or more. That probably won't apply to casual travelers who want to get a car at DAL and drop it at DFW a few hours later. (And besides, 997076 does not work for one-way rentals.)

I do suggest looking at the Hertz site and putting in your specific rental times. I just tried for this Sunday, picking up at DAL at noon and dropping at DFW at 4pm, and the grand total was projected to be $28, which is a fair deal in my book.
                            Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:18 am

Terrific helpful responses we could all use.
                            Old Feb 20, 2007, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Dan Burgess
                            My post, linked to above, involves using a Hertz coupon code (997076) which is valid for weekend rentals of two days or more. That probably won't apply to casual travelers who want to get a car at DAL and drop it at DFW a few hours later. (And besides, 997076 does not work for one-way rentals.)

I do suggest looking at the Hertz site and putting in your specific rental times. I just tried for this Sunday, picking up at DAL at noon and dropping at DFW at 4pm, and the grand total was projected to be $28, which is a fair deal in my book.
                            Oops, my bad...didn't realize the coupon doesn't work for one-way rentals. I wonder if someone could make a rez at DAL, returning to DAL in 2 days, and then just happen to return it at DFW early, if that would work?? Stranger things have been known to happen.

Even if that doesn't work I agree $28 for the car plus a few bucks for gas is a fair deal..definitely cheaper than the cab would be.
                            Old Feb 24, 2007, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by crhptic
                            Even if that doesn't work I agree $28 for the car plus a few bucks for gas is a fair deal..definitely cheaper than the cab would be.
                            Two car rental shuttle buses to deal with as well as having to waste all that time getting the car (unless you are Hertz Gold or National Emerald Aisle or something similar). I think I'd definitely shell out a few bucks extra and take the cab or SuperShuttle unless I had lots of time to waste at DFW.
                            Old Nov 20, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: Deciding Which Airline to Fly in 2012
                            Effective Dec 6th, DART is all-rail Love Field - DFW by connection through the new Green Line stop.

According to DART, it's going to be 7 minutes from Love Field to Victory Station, where you will be able to connect to Trinity Railway Express for a 24 minute ride to Centreport/DFW. There's a free shuttle from Centreport to the terminals.

The Trinity Railway Express doesn't run on Sundays if I'm not mistaken, and it looks like there's about a 20-30 minute wait between trains during weekday rush, 60-90 minute weekday midday. Additionally, there's a 15-20 minute wait for the airport shuttle at Centreport.

Might make sense if you're connecting during an am or pm rush, or time the train right.
                            Old Nov 20, 2010, 11:44 am

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
                            I love SWA as much as anybody and more than most, but I've got to ask the question -- Why?

1) Are you coming from a city that AA doesn't serve but SWA does from your city to Dallas?

2) Do you really need an SWA credit that much?

3) Do you really hate AA that much?

Even with Super Shuttle, wouldn't you have to allow 4 hours between arriving at DAL and departing from DFW, by the time you land, get your back, wait for the shuttle, drive over there, possibly make other stops along the way, check in and then wait for the DFW outbound flight?

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just curious about a situation that would justify doing it.
                            Old Nov 20, 2010, 3:50 pm
                            FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
                            Originally Posted by FCfree
                            I love SWA as much as anybody and more than most, but I've got to ask the question -- Why?

I'm not saying don't do it, I'm just curious about a situation that would justify doing it.
                            Well, the original question was from over 3 years ago so I think it might be a moot point for them now.

When I did it, it was because I had missed my flight on AA and all airlines out of my local airport were overbooked for 3 days except Southwest. AA agreed to reinstate my ticket from DFW if I could get there so I hopped on Southwest to Love and then took a taxi to DFW to catch my international flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.