Spread the LUV

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2006, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Talking Spread the LUV

WN to donate peanut butter to food banks... needs our help:
http://www.secondharvest.org/who_hel...southwest.html

Working with America's Second Harvest, Southwest has created a Virtual Food Bank on the main page of http://www.southwest.com . Beginning today, Southwest's Spread the LUV campaign will give everyone the opportunity to visit the Virtual Food Bank and contribute jars of peanut butter. All
contributions will be matched by Southwest, up to a total contribution from
the airline of $35,000. (Click here
http://www.southwest.com/jp/luvhome....PR_35th_053006
to visit the Spread the LUV Virtual Food Bank at southwest.com .) Spread the LUV and the Virtual Food Bank will run the entire month of June.l
Old May 30, 2006, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Talking I'm in!

If you're helping, please respond. Let's show the legacy FT'ers our heart!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 9:40 pm

Okay...I'm In

They got my $20 and I got a pretty good laugh in return.

I happened to be reading the Southwest Blog yesterday and there was an entry written by a marketing guy going on and on about the "Spread the LUV" campagin.

There was one follow up comment posted, and it looks like it was removed by WN. The comment suggested that WN's next charitable giving project should have a Wright Amendment twist. The OP suggested that WN collect money, and use the money to buy a bunch of bologna to be donated to food banks in the name of American Airlines -- as in the Wright Amendment is a bunch of baloney.

While I personally luv the idea, I wish that WN wouldn't have edited the comment out as the original post was really clever, and way better than I was able to describe it. Oh well. Maybe next time!

Last edited by stef; Jun 2, 2006 at 9:43 pm Reason: don't confuse me with those smart kids in the spelling bee that can acutally spell!
Old Jun 2, 2006, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by stef
They got my $20 and I got a pretty good laugh in return.

I happened to be reading the Southwest Blog yesterday and there was an entry written by a marketing guy going on and on about the "Spread the LUV" campagin.

There was one follow up comment posted, and it looks like it was removed by WN. The comment suggested that WN's next charitable giving project should have a Wright Amendment twist. The OP suggested that WN collect money, and use the money to buy a bunch of bologna to be donated to food banks in the name of American Airlines -- as in the Wright Amendment is a bunch of baloney.

While I personally luv the idea, I wish that WN wouldn't have edited the comment out as the original post was really clever, and way better than I was able to describe it. Oh well. Maybe next time!

WN does not want to go there, AA will contribute the same amount to the local chapter of Alcoholics Anonymous in Herb's name

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.