Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official schedule extension prediction thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
IMO, they should push back Hawaii and free those 800's to pick up the MAX slack.
The whole 3-4 planes operating a day until May?

They will be fine. The worst thing to do now would be to delay Hawaii. They can cancel some 800 flights between high frequency markets before they cancel a major route like HNL with 1-2 flights a day from a base.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
The scheduling staff has their hands full right now, that's all.
I’m guessing they are very, very happy they are on a reservations system that can actually handle schedule changes and cancellations.

This would have been a total disaster with the previous reservation system.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:02 pm

Moved back up!
"On March 15, 2019, we will open our schedule for sale through November 02, 2019. (Date is subject to change; please check back frequently.)"
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jco613
I’m sure we will not see a schedule extension until the grounding of the max 8 is lifted. Wouldn’t be appropriate and they can’t operate a schedule without planes anyway.
Yes, they have wait FAA or Boeing. They will review from FAA. Hopefully in a few weeks if MAX8 grounding is lifted. They will put back on revenue flight.

Originally Posted by Yellowjj
IMO, they should push back Hawaii and free those 800's to pick up the MAX slack.
Yes, they will pick up the -800 aircraft instead of MAX8.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:13 pm

What time do they typically release the flight schedule?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by divincenzo
What time do they typically release the flight schedule?
5--6am Herb Time, plus or minus.

The website/flight availability (in particularly for the schedule "extension" flights) is often kinda wonky for a few hours after that. Given what we've seen over the past few days, YMMV.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by steved5480
5--6am Herb Time, plus or minus.

The website/flight availability (in particularly for the schedule "extension" flights) is often kinda wonky for a few hours after that. Given what we've seen over the past few days, YMMV.

thanks for the heads up!
Old Mar 14, 2019, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob

I’m guessing they are very, very happy they are on a reservations system that can actually handle schedule changes and cancellations.

This would have been a total disaster with the previous reservation system.
It's a total disaster on the new reservation system.
SCGustafson likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:27 am

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On May 23, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:25 am

It's open and I just booked some flights. I noticed a lot less options and a LOT of sold out WGA already. Not saying that isn't possible b/c it's a flight to MCO (so popular I suppose) but the sold out ones were some weird times and not the nonstop ones. I'm hoping when this all gets sorted out, more flights will become available b/c the flight times/amounts totally sucked
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
The availability of WGA fares for the new time period, basically the month of October, seems to have been severely restricted, and for those fares that are available, the point "cost" for WGA is very close to the point cost of Anytime fares. Many WGA fares are already sold out, even for less busy travel lanes (i.e.- LIT-AUS). Hopefully this doesn't reveal a new revenue management strategy going forward, with minimal allocation of the inventory to WGA, and with raising the base WGA fare to produce only a minimal savings over Anytime. With that small a differential, most people will go ahead and get the Anytime just to have the flexibility, or else reevaluate their travel options. Lots of weekend "fun" trips might wind up on other carriers or other destinations.
Old May 6, 2019, 4:27 pm

New schedule pushed back again. It was supposed to release May 23, then they moved it to May 29...........now June 20

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On June 20, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:02 pm

I'm banking the Max 8 problem is why everything is getting pushed back. One would think if they're handling the problem now they would be able to schedule it fine later but maybe things are more complicated than we know.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by vike16
I'm banking the Max 8 problem is why everything is getting pushed back. One would think if they're handling the problem now they would be able to schedule it fine later but maybe things are more complicated than we know.
At this point I would not be surprised if MAX never carried revenue pax again.
copperred likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Sorry guys! They has pushback to June 20, 2019.

We are currently accepting air reservations through November 2, 2019. On June 20, 2019 we will open our schedule for sale through January 5, 2020. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.